You will surely agree that online dating has become a very popular way to find new friends or love. However, many contemporaries are afraid that they can be deceived on the Internet, and that someone can take advantage of their gullibility and naivety for selfish purposes/gain.
Frankly speaking, these fears are not baseless. There are indeed a lot of scammers, intruders, Internet trolls, and other controversial personalities on the Web. Therefore, the issue of safety needs to be approached with full responsibility.
There are many ways and useful tips to make online dating safer, more private, and more promising. One of them is the use of video chat for dating and communication. Let’s talk about it in more detail!
Why video chat is not only safe but also very promising
When we say “video chat,” we mean all video communication formats available today. However, in this article, we still want to focus specifically on random video chats — the so-called Chatroulettes, in which the system connects you with random interlocutors via video.
Modern video chat has several important advantages listed and briefly explained below:
- Helps to filter unsuitable people: Modern video chats like Omegle or Chatroulette allow you to accurately set the parameters for searching for an interlocutor despite their simplicity. Depending on the chosen site, you will have access to a gender filter, search by geolocation and language of communication, interests and hobbies, etc. Therefore, dating is not 100% random.
- Allows you to “feel” the interlocutor: You can see the person, hear their voice, and read gestures, emotions, and mood. None of the texting gives the same effect of presence. Most importantly, after communicating in a video chat, you will not be in for a “surprise”, because during a real meeting, it turns out that the person is not what you imagined them to be. Video chat allows you to quickly understand if you have chemistry with another person and whether you really like them or if it is just a fleeting attraction. You can ask questions, make jokes, flirt, and watch the facial expressions and gestures of your potential partner. If you feel that you do not like the person you are talking to, you can easily end the conversation and move on to another one.
- It allows you to save your own time and that of other people: Texting can last a very long time — sometimes, several hours daily. However, after a long time, you may suddenly realize that you never got to know the person well enough to move into a relationship with them. Video chat really saves you tons of time. In just 10-15 minutes of conversation, you can learn much more about a person compared to a few days of regular text messages. Is it worth wasting your time? We don’t think so.
Also, don’t forget that video chatting is safer than texting. Attackers prefer not to show their faces to a potential victim, so the video chat format is not suitable for them. Certainly, we do not deny that you can meet dubious personalities, but they are relatively small in number currently. Therefore, unpleasant meetings are more an exception to the rule than a common occurrence.
You might have a question at this point: “How do I choose a video chat for dating and communication?”
We will try to answer it!
Choosing a video chat for dating, communication, and a pleasant pastime
The first video chats in history appeared in 2009. They were Omegle and Chatroulette. These services turned out to be something truly new, having managed to attract very big attention from audiences around the world. The daily number of site visitors often exceeded 1-2 million people. It is not surprising that all sorts of alternatives began to appear recently, offering additional functions and interesting features.
If you are currently choosing an online video chat for dating and communication, we can recommend the following options below:
- Omegle: This video chat has already been mentioned, however, it does not have extensive functionality and still attracts a lot of attention. You can search for interlocutors by language and list of interests, and communicate via video or text chat — whichever suits you best. In addition, Omegle has a separate chat for university students, as well as a section that does not have proper moderation.
- VideochatOmegle.com: This is a great alternative to Omegle, it offers you the opportunity to search chat partners by gender. A built-in message translator at videochatomegle.com is available to you for more convenient communication with foreigners. This video chat has a stylish minimalist design, a user-friendly and intuitive interface, an extensive set of features, excellent moderation, and customer support service.
- OmeTV: This is another good alternative to Omegle, in which you can search for interlocutors by gender and country, use the built-in message translator, and other additional features. Best of all, OmeTV has official apps for iOS and Android that make it even easier to meet and connect with new people.
- Chatspin: This is a simple but convenient alternative to Omegle, it provides you with a gender filter and search for chat partners by country. An interesting feature of Chatspin is the availability of A/I masks that hide your face, thus providing more anonymity. You are the only person that can decide at what point you will be ready to open up to the interlocutor. Until then, they won’t be able to see your face.
As you can see, the choice is quite large. We have provided you with a small number of interesting Omegle analogues. There are a lot of them out there. Every year, the number increases, because the video chat format is becoming more popular. Contemporaries have already appreciated the opportunity to meet and communicate via video, therefore many simply do not want to return to ordinary texting.
Can video chat dates make your personal life better?
Yes! Video chat dates allow you to create a closer emotional connection between people and allow you to understand whether you really have a chance to start a serious romantic relationship with this person or keep looking for someone else. Video chats, among other things, save you a lot of time and money that you would have spent on trips, restaurants, movies, and other offline entertainment and activities.
However, remember that video chat dates and dating may have its drawbacks and certain risks. They are unable to replace offline meetings by 100% and can’t form a strong emotional intimacy. Therefore, meeting in real life at the beginning and development of a romantic relationship remains important.
The best way to see if random video chats like Omegle are right for you is to try a few sites and just chat with different people. We guarantee that you will decide quickly on whether to continue using chatroulettes or whether you need to look for some alternative. Nonetheless, we think you might go for the first option.
Summing up: Video communication is the future
If you used the Internet in the early 2000s or earlier, you would remember that at that time there was essentially no opportunity to communicate with someone via video. Network access was often limited, and the connection speed simply did not make it possible to comfortably use video communication. Also, there were practically no services for video communication at that time, just as there was no need for them.
Currently, the situation is different. The Internet has become fast and in most cases unlimited; built-in video chats have appeared in instant messengers, social networks, dating applications, and so on. Also, there are more than enough separate services for video communication and video conferencing today.
Additionally, mobile networks have attained high speed, thanks to which we are no longer tied to computers and laptops, we can meet and communicate with new people almost anywhere and anytime using simple mobile devices.
If for some reason you are still ignoring the video chat format, now is a great time to finally fix it and discover video chat dating. You can easily find interesting acquaintances, new friends, and perhaps your love. It’s worth trying!