Do you remember the 80s?
If you’re looking for a way to take a trip down memory lane, look no further than our 80s Trivia Questions and Answers!
This trivia game is jam-packed with questions about everything that happened in the 80s. It has everything from movies and TV shows to music and fashion.
Moreover, this quiz will bring you back to the days of neon, hairspray, and Rubik’s cubes!
This challenging and fun game is perfect for parties or family gatherings.
So put on your nostalgia hat and get ready for a blast from the past!
Let’s get started now!
Table of Contents
General 80s Trivia Questions and Answers
This general 80s trivia quiz has everything from music to movies, so whether you’re a true 80s fanatic or just looking to brush up on your knowledge, you will enjoy it!
1. What is the name of the ancient Chinese toy that had a new lease of life in the 1980’s?
Answer: The Hacky Sack – it dates back to 3000 BC!
2. Which advertising slogan was launched by Nike in 1988?
Answer: ‘Just Do It’.
3. What photographic device was introduced to the world in 1986?
Answer: The Fuji QuickSnap – the world’s first disposable camera.
4. How long did it take Erno Rubik, the inventor of the Rubik’s Cube, to solve his own invention?
Answer: 4 weeks.
5. Where was the 1986 World Cup held?
Answer: Mexico City.
6. Which infamous ship which sank in 1912 was found in 1985?
Answer: The Titanic.
7. Which country had the first Disneyland to be built outside of the US, and in what year?
Answer: Japan, in 1983.
8. What was the name of the space shuttle that tragically exploded in 1986?
9. What is the name of the incredibly popular range of dolls introduced in the 1980’s?
Answer: Cabbage Patch Kids.
10. CD players first appeared in 1982 – but what does CD actually stand for?
Answer: Compact Disc.
12. What is the name of the 1980 smash musical that originally started out being sung in French, and then was translated into English?
Answer: Les Miserables.
13. Who won the Superbowl in 1987?
Answer: The New York Giants.
14. In 1980, Robert Ludlum published the first book in a series, which were then adapted into films featuring Matt Damon. What was the name of the first book in the series?
Answer: The Bourne Identity.
15. Which shoe had a resurgence in the 1980’s?
Answer: The Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star.
16. What won the Tony for the best musical in 1980?
17. Where were the 1980 Olympic Games held?
Answer: Moscow, Russia.
18. 80s kids will remember the VHS – but what does it stand for?
Answer: Video Home System.
19. What year was the Berlin Wall torn down?
20. Which computer sold in the 1980’s still holds the Guinness World Record for the highest-selling computer of all time?
Answer: The Commodore 64.
80s Trivia Questions and Answers about Music
How well do you know your 80s music? With our 80s music trivia questions and answers, you’ll be able to find out!
1. Which famous Beatle wrote ‘We All Stand Together’ for the film ‘Rupert and the Frog Chorus’?
Answer: Paul McCartney.
2. Which Journey song from the 80s saw a revival in popularity thanks to the tv show Glee?
Answer: Don’t Stop Believin’.
3. Who sang ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun’?
Answer: Cyndi Lauper.
4. What was the first music video aired on the brand new MTV channel launched in 1981?
Answer: ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’ – The Buggles
5. Who ‘just called to say they loved you’?
Answer: Stevie Wonder.
6. What was the theme song for the 1982 film, Rocky III?
Answer: Eye of the Tiger
7. Name the band fronted by the singer Sting.
Answer: The Police.
8. Which British ska band sang about their ‘Baggy Trousers’?
9. Mick Jagger and David Bowie had a hit with which song?
Answer: Dancing in the Street.
10. Who sang the hits ‘Locomotion’, ‘I Should Be So Lucky’, and ‘Hand on Your Heart’?
Answer: Kylie Minogue.
11. Which Lionel Ritchie song is also a salutation?
12. ‘Little Lies’ was a hit for which band?
Answer: Fleetwood Mac.
13. What film was the Kenny Loggins song “Danger Zone’ the theme song for?
Answer: Top Gun.
14. Which Irish band released the albums ‘War’, ‘The Unforgettable Fire’, and ‘The Joshua Tree’?
15. ‘Straight Outta Compton’ was a game-changing album in hiphop by which group?
16. ‘Sledgehammer’ by Peter Garbriel knocked his former band off the number 1 spot of the billboard hot 100. What was the name of the band?
Answer: Genesis – ‘Invisible Touch’
17. ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’ was a Grammy-award-winning song for which artist?
Answer: Tina Turner.
18. Who wrote and sang the hit ‘9 to 5’ as well as star in the film of the same name?
Answer: Dolly Parton.
19. Who wanted to ‘fight for your right to party’?
Answer: Beastie Boys.
20. Which rocketman had a hit with ‘I’m Still Standing’?
Answer: Elton John.
21. Which artist was the most charted British female solo act of the 1980s and famed for singing ‘Kid’s in America’?
Answer: Kim Wilde.
22. The song ‘Aint’ Nobody’ was a hit for which funk band and singer?
Answer: Rufus and Chaka Khan.
80s Trivia Questions and Answers about Movies
Do you want to be the ultimate 80s movie buff? If so, you’ll love our 80s movie trivia questions and answers about the most iconic films of the decade.
1. What is Maverick’s (Tom Cruise) job in Top Gun?
2. In Staying Alive, where does Anthony dream to perform?
Answer: On Broadway.
3. Which character did Jack Nicholson play in Batman (1989)?
Answer: The Joker.
4. Who directed ‘The Shining’?
Answer: Stanley Kubrick.
5. Which actor portrayed John McClane in Die Hard?
Answer: Bruce Willis.
6. Which 1986 movie takes place in a kingdom of goblins?
7. Which actor portrayed John Rambo?
Answer: Silvester Stallone.
8. What type of creatures can you see in The Land Before Time?
9. In which US state does ‘Foxes’ take place?
10. What is the name of the character portrayed by Al Pacino in Scarface?
Answer: Tony Montana.
11. Which actor portrayed Alex Foley in Beverly Hills Cop?
Answer: Eddie Murphy.
12. In which 1985 movie do you see 5 students in detention at Shermer High School?
Answer: The Breakfast Club.
13. In Flashdance, what does Alex Owens want to become?
Answer: A ballet dancer.
14. What is Baby’s real first name in Dirty Dancing?
15. Which actor portrayed Ren McCormack in Footloose?
Answer: Kevin Bacon.
16. In which city is Fame set?
Answer: New York City.
17. What was the first Indiana Jones movie?
Answer: Raiders of the Lost Ark.
18. Which actress portrayed Princess Leila in Return of the Jedi?
Answer: Carrie Fisher.
19. Which actor was James Bond in Never Say Never Again?
Answer: Sean Connery.
20. In The Fox and the Hound, which animal is Tod?
Answer: A red fox.
21. What is Arrakis in Dune?
Answer: A planet.
22. Which band is featured in Sid and Nancy?
Answer: S#x Pistols.
80s Trivia Questions and Answers about Pop Culture
Do you miss the golden age of pop culture? With our 80s pop culture trivia questions and answers, you can reminisce about the good old days!
1. In which country was Nintendo founded?
2. Which Fashion brand came up with the slogan “Just Do It” in the 80s?
3. What colour is the Energizer Bunny?
4. A best-selling book in 1981 explained how to crack the code of which puzzle?
Answer: The Rubik’s Cube.
5. Eddie Murphy became a member of the cast for which comedy series in 1980?
Answer: Saturday Night Live.
6. Who was the first AI television host in 1984?
Answer: Max Headroom.
7. What type of candy became popular because of E.T.?
Answer: Reese’s Pieces.
8. What was the most popular video game in the 1980s?
Answer: Mario Bros.
9. Who directed Star Wars Return of the Jedi?
Answer: George Lucas.
10. John Landis directed which iconic Michael Jackson music video in the 1980s?
11. Which Swiss watchmaker founded in 1983 by Ernst Thomke?
13. What top was Freddie Mercury wearing at Live Aid?
Answer: A white tank top.
14. Which Nintendo product was launched in Japan on 21 April, 1989?
Answer: The Game Boy.
15. What type of fabric is velour?
16. In The Fox and the Hound, what animal is Tod?
Answer: A fox.
17. Which softer, sculpted dolls were sometimes originally referred to as “The Little People” in the 1980s?
Answer: The Cabbage Patch Kids.
18. In which city were the 19800 Summer Olympic Games held?
Answer: South Korea.
19. Madison Square Garden held this first staged wrestling event on March 31, 1985. What was it?
20. Which country is the car brand AMG from?
80s Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
Think you know everything about the 80s? Get ready to test your knowledge with 80s trivia questions and answers multiple choice quizzes and become an 80s expert.
1. Which is the only cult classic movie featuring Harrison Ford that wasn’t released in the 80’s?
A. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
B. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
C. Apocalypse Now
2. In what year did the Berlin Wall fall, heralding the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991?
3. Which 1984 comedy action movie starred Eddie Murphy as a street-smart Detroit cop? It took $234 million at the US box office, making it the highest-grossing film of the year.
A. Beverly Hills Cop
B. Lethal Weapon
C. The Untouchables
4. What was the name of the theme song from the 1983 romantic drama Flashdance?
A. Beat It
B. What a Feeling
C. The Time of My Life
5. Which of the following popular kids games is the only one not to have been released in the 80s?
A. Donkey Kong
B. Super Mario Bros.
6. What is the name of the eerie historic hotel in Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining?
A. Overlook Hotel
B. Evergreen Hotel
C. Ashford Hotel
7. The 1988 hit song “Waiting for a Star to Fall” was written by Boy Meets Girl after seeing a falling star at which iconic 80s singer’s concert?
A. Whitney Houston
C. Annie Lennox
8. Which of these famous players isn’t one of the top ten NBA Players of the 80s?
A. Magic Johnson
B. Alex English
C. Larry bird
9. Which iconic album by Michael Jackson, released in 1982, is still the second-best selling album of all time, right after Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975?
Off The Wall
10. What is the name of the princess who is kidnapped by the evil Bowser in multiple Mario video games?
11. Which of these Star Wars movies was released in the 80’s?
A. The Phantom Menace
B. A New Hope
C. The Return of the Jedi
12. Which child actor rose to stardom in a 1982 Spielberg film about an unfortunate alien that gets stranded on earth?
A. Sean Astin
B. River Phoenix
C. Drew Barrymore
13. When do the events of Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark take place?
14. Who is credited with the invention of the Internet in 1989?
A. Bill Gates
B. Steve Jobs
C. Tim Berners-Lee
15. In Back to the Future (1985), which year do Marty and Doc end up in when they travel back in time?
Well, isn’t this an awesome super stack of 1980s trivia questions and answers?
While you play and answer these electronic era-inspired brain teasers, you will also get to relive the good old times.
Some of the questions are easy, while some are very hard. But that’s what makes them so much more fun!
Now sit back and have a blast playing 80s trivia because it won’t be long before you ace all those questions!
Write in the comments section below about how many stars out of five you gave for each question.
We can’t wait to read your answers!