The holiday season is the perfect time to come together and have fun. However, it can be hard to know how to start a conversation with people you don’t know well.
That’s why this article aims to provide 150+ best Christmas icebreaker questions that will help you get your party going.
Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or a large holiday bash, these icebreakers for Christmas will get everyone in the festive spirit and ensure everyone has something to discuss.
Best Christmas Icebreaker Questions
From lighthearted one-liners to thought-provoking topics, here is a list of great Christmas icebreaker questions that will help everyone feel included and connected this season.
1. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie character?
2. Which is the Christmas song you would never like to hear?
3. Do you have a shop you would definitely visit during the holiday season?
4. Do you prefer buying presents online or offline?
5. How would you like to celebrate Christmas with your co-workers?
6. Which is your most cherished Christmas tradition?
7. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?
8. Christmas Carols or Christmas Karaoke- Choose one for your party
9. If you ever have to travel during Christmas, where would you like to go?
10. Which is the most challenging Christmas present you’ve ever bought for someone?
11. What is your favorite morning activity on Xmas day?
12. Gingerbread House or Cookie Exchange Challenge- Which one would you prefer playing?
13. Have you ever hosted an ugly sweater party?
14. List 5 props, you’ll love to have in your photo booth.
15. How would you like to spend your day on Christmas?
16. Name one decoration item you hate to put up on the Xmas tree.
17. Name three things that are a must in your Christmas party.
Funny Christmas Icebreaker Questions
Looking for some fun Christmas icebreaker questions to get your holiday party started? From silly questions about Santa Claus to festive riddles, these lighthearted icebreaker questions will help guests feel comfortable and have a jolly good time.
1. Which of your coworkers would be the best department store Santa?
2. Have you ever lied and told someone their present was “still in the mail” when really, you had not yet bought it?
3. What Christmas carol gets stuck in your head the most?
4. What Christmas-themed food do you think is the grossest?
5. Describe what your ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future would look like.
6. What song would you kill during Christmas karaoke?
7. What would be the strangest thing to see inside a snow globe?
8. What would be the worst thing to find in your Christmas stocking?
9. Have you ever regifted a present?
10. Have you ever returned a present you did not like for store credit?
11. What would your elf name be?
12. Which of your coworkers is most likely to be an elf in disguise?
13. Which of your coworkers is likeliest to wait until the last minute to finish Christmas shopping?
14. What is your favorite holiday joke?
15. What is your favorite bad holiday movie?
16. What is your holiday guilty pleasure?
17. Share one holiday “scrooge” moment you had.
18. What is your “never again” holiday story?
19. What is the strangest thing you have ever used/seen used for wrapping paper?
20. What would you be most offended to receive as a Christmas gift?
21. Be honest: is it really the thought that counts?
22. What is the most controversial Christmas opinion you have?
Have You Ever Christmas Icebreaker Questions
Christmas is the perfect time to get together with friends and family for some quality time. Here is a list of some have you ever Christmas game questions:
1. Have you ever gone caroling in your neighborhood?
2. Have you ever made your own Christmas decorations?
3. Have you ever gone ice skating during the holiday season?
4. Have you ever had a White Elephant gift exchange?
5. Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa gift exchange?
6. Have you ever baked Christmas cookies from scratch?
7. Have you ever watched a Christmas movie marathon?
8. Have you ever volunteered during the holiday season?
9. Have you ever visited a Christmas market or fair?
10. Have you ever worn an ugly Christmas sweater?
11. Have you ever gone on a Christmas lights tour?
12. Have you ever received a Christmas card from someone unexpected?
13. Have you ever hosted a holiday party?
14. Have you ever traveled to a different city or country during the holiday season?
15. Have you ever experienced a power outage during a holiday celebration?
16. Have you ever had a Christmas tree that was too big for your home?
17. Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present?
18. Have you ever gone to a Christmas Eve church service?
Christian Christmas Icebreaker Questions
Christmas is the perfect time of year to celebrate the joy of family, friends, and faith. These Christian Christmas holiday icebreakers are sure to bring out laughs, smiles, and fond memories of Christmases past.
1. Did you believe in Santa growing up?
2. How early do you start decorating?
3. Are you an early or last-minute shopper?
4. Do you have any New Year’s Eve traditions?
5. What are your new year’s resolutions?
6. Do you like to attend a party or do you prefer to spend NYE at home?
7. Use three words to describe the year 2023.
8. What was one of the best things that happened to you this past year?
9. Have you ever watched the ball drop in person?
10. Would you rather give or receive gifts?
11. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
12. What is one of your Christmas memories?
13. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
14. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
15. What is the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
16. Do you have a favorite Christmas song?
17. Does your family have any favorite holiday traditions?
18. What is your favorite Christmas snack?
Christmas Icebreaker Questions for Work
Christmas is a great way to come together with your colleagues and celebrate the festive season. But getting everyone in the party spirit can sometimes be difficult, so why not start off with some Christmas icebreaker questions for work parties:
1. Which of your coworkers do you think would make the best Christmas cookies?
2. Which of your coworkers would pick out the perfect present?
3. Which of your coworkers is most likely to be the life of the Christmas party?
4. What is your favorite holiday memory from childhood?
5. What is your favorite holiday treat?
6. What kind of holiday events are your favorite?
7. What is the best $5 gift to give someone?
8. What Christmas gift do you treasure the most?
9. What was the best holiday present you ever received?
10. What was the strangest or worst holiday present you ever received?
11. What was the best gift you ever gave?
12. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
13. Does your family have any unique or bizarre traditions?
14. What are you most looking forward to this season? Least looking forward to?
15. What are your holiday plans?
16. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Have you ever completed one?
17. What is your best tip to stay calm and unstressed during the holidays?
18. Do you have a holiday playlist? Name one song off of it.
19. Do you buy presents for lots of people, or only the people who are closest to you?
20. What is the coolest present you have ever received during a Secret Santa?
21. Have you ever experienced a blizzard? What is your craziest snow storm story?
22. What was your favorite thing to do on a snow day home from school as a kid?
23. Do you reuse bows and wrapping paper?
Christmas Icebreaker Questions for Game
A great game for any Christmas gathering is to ask each other questions about Christmas topics, such as family traditions, decorations, gift-giving, favorite dishes, and more. These are some Christmas questions to ask for a game:
1. If you could give yourself at this time last year a piece of advice, what would it be?
2. What is one of the most challenging things to happen to you this year?
3. Did you complete any of your resolutions from last year?
4. What fashion trends do you think will be popular in the new year?
5. What is something you did this year that you would like to continue next year?
6. If you were Santa, what latest gadgets would you gift to the good kids?
7. What is the funniest/ silliest thing that has happened at your Christmas party?
8. If ever Santa asks you to go on a date, which restaurant would you pick?
9. If Santa didn’t have a sleigh, which car would you recommend to him?
10. If you could hang out with Elf for a day, which sites in your city would you pick?
11. Suppose you see yourself as an “Orge Claus” in Christmas snow globe. What would be your reaction?
12. Ogre Claus is a character who appeared in Shrek the Halls. He is a Shrek dressed as Santa and possesses a deeper scruffy voice.
13. If Santa allows you to pick a designer for his outfit, which famous designer would you choose?
14. Will you love to take a polar bear plunge or roller skate down the city streets?
15. If Santa becomes your hairstylist this Christmas., which haircut will you ask him to give you?
16. If you had a chance to turn someone into an Elf, who would it be?
17. What is that one thing you don’t want to see in the Christmas snow globe?
18. Macaulay Culkin got lost in New York City in Home Alone: 2. Which city would you have chosen had you been the director?
19. If you are asked to rename yourself with one of Santa’s reindeer’s names, which one will you pick?
Christmas Icebreaker Questions for Team Meetings
Christmas is the time of year when we come together with friends, family, and colleagues to celebrate and have a good time. To help the mood lighten up, here are some Christmas icebreakers for team meetings:
1. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
2. What is your family’s funniest holiday story?
3. Do you prefer to go out for New Years or stay in?
4. What is the best Christmas party you have ever been to? The worst?
5. What is your favourite Christmas cocktail?
6. What is your least favorite thing about Christmas?
7. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
8. What is your favorite holiday food? Least favorite?
9. What is good on the buffet table?
10. What would you be most excited to see at a Christmas party?
11. What is the best Christmas party you have ever been to?
12. What was the worst Christmas party you have ever been to?
13. What is your favourite part of a Christmas party?
14. Describe your perfect Christmas party?
15. What do you hope will be in your Christmas party swag bag?
16. Do you know everybody at this party? (Bonus- if no, go talk to somebody new!)
17. Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?
18. Did you find any good holiday sales this season?
Christmas Icebreaker Questions for Adults
If you’re looking for some fun, lighthearted ways to get conversations started at your next Christmas gathering, try out these entertaining Christmas icebreakers for adults.
1. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
2. How do you celebrate Christmas with your pets?
3. Do you send Christmas cards?
4. If money were no object, what kind of Christmas presents would you buy?
5. Do you have a favorite Christmas ornament?
6. How early do you start Christmas shopping?
7. Describe your ideal Christmas.
8. Which holiday decoration goes up first?
9. Do you put up your tree before or after Thanksgiving?
10. What is your favorite holiday movie? Least favorite?
11. What gift would you love to unwrap?
12. Finish the sentence: “It’s not Christmas without….”
13. What is your favorite Christmas story?
14. What is your favorite Christmas recipe?
15. If you could spend Christmas with any one person, who would it be?
16. Did you ever try to stay up and wait for Santa?
17. What is the most expensive present you have ever bought or received for Christmas?
18. What Christmas miracle would you most like to see happen?
19. Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?
Icebreaker Christmas questions are a great way to break the ice and make sure that everyone has a good time.
They can be used for any size gathering and are suitable for all ages.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just having some friends over, these 150+ Christmas party icebreaker questions guarantee lively conversation and a festive atmosphere.
Make sure to have your guests answer the questions in their own words and provide plenty of paper, markers, and decorations – this will ensure that everyone is engaged and really enjoys themselves.
We believe we covered every important question regarding the topic, but if you think we missed something, please let us know by adding a comment below.