Couples in all stages of marriage can benefit from strengthening their bond.
It’s important to take time out of your busy schedule and create special moments together.
One way to do this is by asking each other questions that can help you learn more about one another, as well as deepen your connection.
This article provides a list of 200+ questions for married couples to help you better understand your partner’s wants, needs, and feelings.
From getting to know each other on a deeper level to having fun conversations that bring you closer together, these questions can help reignite the spark in your marriage.
So, let’s get started.
General Questions for Married Couples
To start the conversation, here are some general questions for married couples to consider when they want to dive deeply into their relationship.
1. What are your biggest fears about our relationship?
2. As a husband/wife, how can I show more love/sensitivity to you?
3. Are you dealing with anything that I can help you with currently?
4. How can we improve our intimacy or take it to the next level?
5. What’s your dream datenight or weekend with me?
6. If you had three wishes to wish for our future, what would they be?
7. What are a few ways I need to be more understanding?
8. How am I doing as a husband/wife in general?
9. What are you most excited about in our relationship during this season?
10. If you could see two things change about me what would they be?
11. What ways can I honor you more?
12. What’s one secret you never told anyone except your best friend?
13. What are the three things we have in common?
14. How do you actually feel whenever I hug you?
15. Do you feel any pressure right now?
16. In our relationship, in which situations do you feel the most secure?
17. What if we can’t agree on something important that both of us are involved in?
Romantic Questions for Married Couples
Discover deeper intimacy and connection with your spouse through these romantic questions for married couples. These are the questions to ask your spouse to improve your marriage:
1. What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
2. How did you feel when I met your family for the first time?
3. How often do you think about me throughout the day?
4. Is there anything special you’d like me to do for you in the future?
5. When did you know I was the one for you?
6. What’s your happiest memory of us?
7. Do you think there is a way to improve our relationship?
8. What word would you use to describe me?
9. How did you define love when you were younger?
10. Do you remember how you felt when we kissed for the first time?
11. Do you think there’s a secret to staying happy in a relationship?
12. Is there a romantic movie you want us to watch together?
13. What’s one thing you really like about me, physically speaking?
14. What do you think is my favorite thing about you?
15. If we had all the money in the world, what’s the first thing you’d want us to do together?
16. Ever think of me when a song comes up on your playlist?
17. Do you think you know all there is to know about me? Would you like to ask me literally anything?
18. Can you describe me using just 3 words?
Relationship Building Questions for Married Couples
Looking to strengthen your bond with your spouse? Looks no further! Use these common questions to ask married couples about their relationship.
1. Do you think we have a lot of fun together?
2. Did you confess to your first crush? Who were they? How did it go?
3. Have you ever had your heart broken?
4. What’s one life lesson you’d pass on to the next generation?
5. Have your thoughts about relationships remained constant throughout your life?
6. Do you trust me fully in our relationship?
7. If you could only choose 1 cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. Do you think our relationship is lacking in something specific?
9. What made you think of me as more than a friend?
10. Any surprising revelations that you didn’t see coming?
11. Do you believe in staying friends after breaking up?
12. What do you love most about our relationship?
13. How do you feel when I’m giving you your favorite flowers?
14. What about our work could become a recurring problem?
15. What climate do you think is best for establishing a permanent residence?
16. What song do you want me to sing for you?
17. What kind of gift do you want from me?
18. What if I made more money than you? How would you feel?
19. If you could change one thing about me, what do you think would it be?
20. Do you still hide secrets from me?
Fun Questions for Married Couples
Spice up your marriage and add some lighthearted fun with these entertaining questions for married couples. From silly hypotheticals to childhood memories, these questions will have you laughing and reminiscing together in no time.
1. Did you have any childhood pets?
2. What did you watch on television when you were young?
3. How did you spend your free time?
4. What happened when you were sick?
5. How did you get to school when you were little?
6. What’s the first movie you can remember seeing?
7. Did you ever have a childhood celebrity crush?
8. Can you remember being babysat?
9. What were your favorite books?
10. What outfit did your parents force you to wear that you hated?
11. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would it be?
12. What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
13. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
14. What turns you on most?
15. What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask me, but never have?
16. In what ways have I changed since we first met?
17. Is there anything I can do to show you love better?
18. If you had one mantra to live by, what would it be?
19. What is your favorite thing that I do in bed?
20. If you could relive a year in your life, what age would you choose?
Deep Questions for Married Couples
Asking deep questions to your partner can be a great way to deepen your bond and maintain an open dialogue between the two of you. If you are looking for deep questions to ask your partner, here is the list:
1. What are a few ways you desire to see our finances improve?
2. What are three places within 200 miles that you would like to spend a few days?
3. What strengths do I bring to our relationship?
4. What ways can I improve as a husband/wife?
5. What’s your top three favorite love songs and why?
6. Do you feel more emotionally connected than we did early in our relationship?
7. What are two things we forgot to celebrate this year?
8. What were some things we used to do before we were married that you miss now?
9. What do I need to know most about you right now?
10. Is your love for me growing stronger?
11. What have you learned to appreciate about me that you did not know when we were first married?
12. What would you consider a stress buster — a relaxed weekend at a resort, an adventure trip, a disco party, or stay at home and watch TV?
13. Do you think we have changed as individuals over the years?
14. If you could change one thing about me, what would that be?
15. What is your dearest memory about us?
16. Which is your favorite family holiday, so far?
17. What are the things that you remember from our first date?
18. What made you fall in love with me?
19. Would you like to live in a small apartment in the city or a big house with a backyard on the outskirts?
Questions for Married Couples to Reconnect
When your marriage is in need of reconnecting, it can be difficult to know where to start. Many couples feel overwhelmed by the idea of trying to bring their relationship back to a healthier place. Here are the questions to ask spouse to save marriage:
1. Are you satisfied with the amount of time we spend together?
2. Do I tell you I love you enough?
3. What ways can we building our friendship more?
4. Do you have any fears or phobias that you find strange?
5. Did you like your parent’s cooking growing up?
6. Is our couple life the way you imagined it before getting together?
7. Is your life going as you thought it would when you were a teenager?
8. Do you have any family or cultural traditions that you’d want me to follow too?
9. What’s your opinion about yourself? Anything you’d like to change?
10. Answer quickly: what’s your best quality?
11. Don’t think about it: why’d you choose me over others?
12. Have your previous partners ever been unfaithful?
13. Which one of us is a more trusting person?
14. Do you think I try seeing the good in people or not?
Love Questions for Married Couples
For married couples, deep intimate conversations can help keep the spark alive and bring you closer together. Here are some deep intimate questions to ask your partner to make a deeper connection.
1. What do you think love is?
2. What are your thoughts on soulmates?
3. What do you think is the most important aspect of a relationship?
4. What do you think is the key to a lasting relationship?
5. What do you think is the most romantic gesture you can make?
6. What do you think love is worth sacrificing for?
7. What do you think is the best way to show someone you love them?
8. What do you think is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
9. What do you think is the most important thing to remember about love?
10. Do you believe that love conquers all?
11. What date night atmosphere would you be most happy with?
12. Do you think physical touch is a big part of romance? Moreover, what gestures in particular do you find romantic?
13. Do you think any of our friends have a great couple life? Should we follow their example?
14. What’s the first thing you thought about me when we met?
15. Where would you choose to go for a night out? A fancy restaurant? A stroll in the park? A concert? Or, maybe you’d prefer if we stayed home and cooked something nice together?
16. What’s one thing I do that really makes you feel loved?
17. What does the perfect date night look like for you?
18. Which of my qualities do you love most?
19. What’s one meal you’d like to have for a romantic night?
20. Is there a specific music genre that “gets you going”?
Interesting Questions for Married Couples
With these interesting questions, you and your partner can have meaningful conversations and gain new insights into each other’s thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. These married couple conversation starters will surely fit according to your mood!
1. Do you like it when I give you back rubs?
2. Are you satisfied with our intimate life?
3. Do you want us to try something new in bed?
4. Do you think you’re a jealous person? Am I a jealous person? What do you think about jealousy overall?
5. Were you one of the “cool kids” in school?
6. What does romance mean to you?
7. Did you go through a “phase” growing up?
8. Do you see us having kids? If yes, how many? Is this topic a deal breaker?
9. Do you actively seek to be respected or admired by others?
10. Do you think I care about how I look?
11. What aspect of yourself would you improve if you had the chance?
12. How’s your weekend so far?
13. Have you ever won an award for sports?
14. Out of the four seasons, which one is your most favorite?
15. What is one person’s habit that you find disgusting?
16. Are you willing to take risks to fight for our relationship?
17. How do you want to be remembered?
18. What’s something about me that turns you on quickly?
19. What’s the strangest thing you have ever done in your life?
20. What makes you hate a person?
Questions for Married Couples about the Future
Married couples often face many challenges when it comes to planning for their future. To help get the conversation started, here are some discussion questions for married couples:
1. Where do you see yourself in five years?
2. How do you see our future together? Where do you see it headed?
3. What are your goals in the relationship?
4. What are your thoughts on having a family?
5. Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
6. What are your financial priorities and goals?
7. What is on your bucket list that we can do together this year?
8. What’s the one thing you want to achieve the most before you die?
9. Do you have any habits you want to change?
10. What age is the perfect one for us to have kids?
12. How do you see our future as a couple, both separately and collectively?
13. What dream job of yours do you still want to achieve in the future?
14. Where exactly is your dream vacation?
15. In five to ten years, where do you see yourself?
16. Do you want to be a really famous person someday?
17. What would you say to your future self if you could write a letter or record a video?
18. How do you want our future house to look like?
19. What age do you plan to retire?
20. Are you willing to retire just to take care of our kids?
Questions for Married Couples about the Past
When it comes to relationships, knowing your partner’s past is essential for a healthy and long-lasting connection. To facilitate conversation and encourage further exploration into each other’s background, here are some key questions to ask your spouse about their past.
1. What is your favorite memory from when you first met?
2. What were some of the challenges you faced early on in your relationship?
3. How did you know that your partner was the one for you?
4. What was your wedding day like? What were your favorite moments from the day?
5. What was the biggest obstacle you overcame as a couple?
6. What have been some of the most significant moments in your life together?
7. How have your individual goals and aspirations changed since you got married?
8. What have been some of the biggest surprises in your marriage?
9. Have there been any major changes in your relationship over time? If so, what were they and how did you handle them?
10. What advice would you give to newlyweds or couples who are just starting out?
11. When’s the last time you felt vulnerable? How did you cope?
12. What have you accomplished in the past year that you are most proud of?
13. What were the major turning points in your life?
14. When’s the last time you pushed out of your comfort zone? How did it make you feel?
15. What is your happiest memory?
16. How have you changed in the past five years?
17. When was the last time you cried and why?
18. What is an important life lesson you’ve learned?
19. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
20. What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from past partners?
Date Night Questions for Married Couples
One way to bring back that connection and excitement is to plan regular date nights with your partner. To ensure your date nights are full of meaningful conversations, having some creative questions on hand can help.
1. How can I make your day better?
2. Is there anything on your mind that you’d like to talk about?
3. What can I do to support you in achieving your goals?
4. How was your day today, really?
5. What are some things you’d like to try together that we haven’t done yet?
6. What’s something I can do differently to improve our relationship?
7. Do you think I look good in my favorite outfits?
8. What is your favorite thing that I wear?
9. What is the best compliment that I have ever given you?
10. What do you think makes our relationship unique?
11. Do you think we had a great first kiss or was it mediocre?
12. How would you describe being in love? Is there something in particular you feel?
You can confidently use these questions to ask your spouse to improve your marriage.
They can help couples strengthen their marriage by providing opportunities for open communication and deeper understanding.
However, it is important to continue asking questions, not just of your partner but also of yourself.
This list of 200+ questions for married couples can be used in different situations to strengthen your marriage bond.
If you are willing to make an effort to ask such meaningful questions and listen with an open heart and mind, it can result in a healthier, happier relationship with your partner.
We will be grateful if you suggest any questions or points we may miss to add to the article. Thank you so much for reading.