Are you looking for a way to get to know your partner better and deepen your relationship? Then this article is for you!
Here, we will provide you with 200+ questions that are designed to help you better understand and get closer to the person in your life.
With these questions to ask your partner, you’ll have plenty of material to keep the conversation going!
By asking these questions, you can discover more about your partner’s likes, dislikes, and perspectives on life.
Whether you’re just getting started or have been together for years, try our listed questions to get to know your partner better.
Table of Contents
Best Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
When it comes to getting to know your partner better, the best way is through meaningful conversations. To get the ball rolling, here are some of the best questions for getting to know your partner better:
1. What’s something about me that turns you on quickly?
2. What’s the strangest thing you have ever done in your life?
3. What makes you hate a person?
4. What are some of your healthy and unhealthy habits?
5. What is your favorite memory of a person who is no longer in your life?
6. How do you like to spend a rainy afternoon?
7. When do you feel the most secure and taken care of?
8. What are your thoughts on transparency between couples?
9. How do you define cheating?
10. To you, what constitutes a successful relationship?
11. What’s a romantic vacation like for you?
12. What criteria do you search for in finding new friends?
13. Do you believe that good parenting is important in today’s world?
14. What do you believe is the most important factor in making a relationship last?
15. Would you rather lose a toe or have another date with your worst ex?
16. What’s the craziest job you’d be willing to take?
17. What aspect of yourself would you improve if you had the chance?
18. How’s your weekend so far?
19. Have you ever won an award for sports?
20. Out of the four seasons, which one is your most favorite?
21. What is one person’s habit that you find disgusting?
22. Are you willing to take risks to fight for our relationship?
23. How do you want to be remembered?
24. For the past five years, what have you been most thankful for?
25. What flavor of ice cream do you like: chocolate or vanilla?
26. What one quality or skill would you benefit if you could wake up tomorrow with it?
27. What has been the most daring thing you’ve done so far?
Good Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
If the relationship is going to grow, getting to know your significant other’s likes and dislikes, passions, and fears is essential. That’s why we put together a list of good questions to help you learn more about your partner.
1. What has been the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
2. What opportunities did you miss out on in life?
3. When you look at a man or woman, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
4. What movie would you recommend for us to watch when we’re relaxing?
5. Would you try long-distance if anything happened that required me to move far from here?
6. What type of cologne/perfume do you prefer on a man/woman?
7. Do you consider yourself to be a forgiver?
8. Have you ever dated someone who is older than you?
9. Have you ever been on a blind date?
10. What activities would you like to do for our next date?
11. Do you still believe in love at first sight?
12. Do you believe that how long you’ve known someone influences whether or not you’re in love with them?
13. Are you someone who forgets people’s names easily?
14. What was your relationship like with your parents?
15. What is the ideal number of phone calls that a couple should make every day?
16. What part of your life do love and affection play?
17. What is the biggest accomplishment you have?
18. Are there any people you’d like to get closer to, from friends to relatives?
19. Do you have any addiction?
20. What has been the most difficult thing you’ve had to learn?
21. Which would you like to know: when you’ll die or how you’ll die?
22. What smartphone app do you mostly use?
23. How many true best friends do you have?
Serious Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
Asking the right questions can help you gain insight into each other’s lives and build a stronger bond. Here are some of the serious relationship questions to ask a guy/girl.
1. What is your ideal wedding ceremony?
2. Describe your perfect vacation.
3. What is the best concert you’ve ever attended?
4. Are you terrified of anything fictional? For example, the supernatural or zombies.
5. What is your biggest fear in life?
6. Do you have any phobias?
7. Do you have any irrational fears?
8. What was the worst nightmare of your life?
9. Do you like to pull scary pranks on people?
10. What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
11. If you could have one human talent that you don’t currently have, what would it be?
12. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? (excluding more wishes)
13. If you had the power to correct one problem in the world, what would you fix?
14. Where would you go if you could teleport anywhere in the world?
15. If you could be an animal for a week, what would you be?
16. If you could be an object for a day, what would you be?
17. What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow?
18. If you could eat anything you wanted right now, what would you order?
19. You’re going to outer space — what planet do you want to see?
20. If the world ended tomorrow, what would you do on your last day?
21. Would you rather go back in time to see the dinosaurs or jump forward a thousand years to see our futuristic society?
22. If you could make one book or movie a reality, which would you choose?
23. If you could be a character from a hit television show, who would you pick?
24. What events are on your bucket list? (ex. Lollapalooza, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, etc.)
25. When, where, and how long was the best road trip you’ve ever taken?
26. Would you rather spend a week in New York City or Los Angeles?
Intimate Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
Asking your partner intimate questions can help build trust and strengthen the bond between the two of you. Intimate questions can range from asking about past relationships to discussing sexual preferences. Here are some meaningful and intimate questions to ask your partner:
1. Do you still hide secrets from me?
2. What do you love most about our relationship?
3. How do you feel when I’m giving you your favorite flowers?
4. What about our work could become a recurring problem?
5. What climate do you think is best for establishing a permanent residence?
6. What song do you want me to sing for you?
7. What kind of physical touch best expresses your feelings for me?
8. What kind of gift do you want from me?
9. What if I made more money than you? How would you feel?
10. If you could change one thing about me, what do you think would it be?
11. Is building a family important to you?
12. What’s one secret you never told anyone except your best friend?
13. What’s one question you never really asked me?
14. What would you do if we had the opportunity to change jobs tomorrow?
15. What’s the perfect advice you could give me right now?
16. Have you enjoyed meeting new friends as a child?
17. How would you describe your day?
18. What would you do with or for me that you haven’t been able to do in previous relationships?
19. What are the three things we have in common?
20. How do you actually feel whenever I hug you?
21. Do you feel any pressure right now?
22. In our relationship, in which situations do you feel the most secure?
23. What if we can’t agree on something important that both of us are involved in?
Hard Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
Asking hard questions can help foster a deeper bond and understanding between partners, leading to better communication and a healthier relationship. Here is a list of hard questions to ask your partner:
1. What percentage of your money are you willing to invest rather than save?
2. What is something you feel our relationship is lacking?
3. What are the few things you’re most grateful for?
4. Even if it’s for me, can you name one thing you can’t give up?
5. What do you think will ruin this relationship?
6. What was the first thing that came to mind when you noticed me?
7. Can you change your whole self just for me?
8. What does a perfect date night look like to you?
9. What is the most memorable part you have of our first kiss?
10. What is that certain thing about me that annoys you?
11. If you knew today will be our last, how would you like us to spend it?
12. What outfit of mine do you think best fits me?
13. What are the things I can learn from you?
14. What memories do you want us to recreate together?
15. Do you want to know anything about my past relationship/s?
16. Do you think money can bring us happiness?
17. What was the last thing I did that totally impressed you?
18. If someone tries to break us apart, what would you do?
19. Do you think we’re really meant for each other?
20. How do you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
21. If you could describe our relationship in three words, what would it be?
22. Do I make you feel like you’re still my priority while we’re with my family?
23. Do you think there are “traditional” male and female roles in relationships?
24. Did you ever cry in front of a huge crowd?
25. Were you spoiled as a kid?
26. What’s one wish you could tell your child self about life?
27. What’s your childhood’s most terrible memory?
28. What was your favorite board game as a child?
29. If you had a second life, how would you live your first?
30. What extreme adventures would you like to try with me?
31. What song would you play to sum up your life so far?
Fun Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
Whether you have just started dating or you have been married for years, there are always interesting questions that can be asked. These are some fun questions to ask your partner that can help you get to know more about the person in your life.
1. How did you find out the secret about Santa and how did you feel?
2. What was one toy you always wanted as a kid?
3. Who is your favorite superhero?
4. Which game show do you think you would perform best on and why?
5. Which historical figure would you most want to work for?
6. What’s your favorite tree?
7. What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the chance?
8. If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with one person, who would you pick?
9. If you could have dinner with any celebrity (alive or dead), who would it be?
10. What was one of the silliest things you thought or misunderstood as a kid?
11. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
12. What’s your favorite animal?
13. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
14. If you could pick one superpower, what would you choose?
15. If you could choose any performer to put on a show at your birthday party, who would you pick?
16. Who was your first crush?
17. What would you choose as your last meal?
18. If you could travel to space for free, would you go?
19. What’s your favorite season?
20. Beach or mountains?
21. Couple sitting on a dock
22. City or country?
23. What smell, sound, or taste do you immediately associate with your childhood?
24. If you could visit any time period, when would you pick?
25. What is one new invention you think will be commonplace in 30 years?
26. What everyday item do you think will be obsolete in 30 years?
27. What’s your favorite book?
Deep Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
Are you looking to deepen your relationship with your significant other? If so, try asking them deep questions to get to know them better. Here are some deep questions to ask your partner:
1. When was the first time you said “I love you” to someone in your life other than family?
2. When and where did you go on your first date ever?
3. Do you remember our first date?
4. Were you nervous during our first kiss?
5. When did you know you loved me?
6. What is your ideal night?
7. What was your best birthday?
8. If you could only celebrate one holiday each year, what would it be?
9. Do you prefer family events or alone time?
10. Who in your family do you view as a role model?
11. Are you inspired by any celebrities dead or alive?
12. What thought or object gets you through the day?
13. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating?
14. What inspires you to better yourself?
15. What do you look for in a friendship?
16. What is/was your longest lasting friendship and how did it last so long?
17. Do you think you can have multiple best friends or only one?
18. Do you think your pet can also be your friend?
19. Do you consider your parents as friends?
20. Do you think opposite genders can maintain a friendship without developing a love interest?
21. What is an unforgivable action?
22. What is your advice for long-distance friendships?
23. Do you have different advice for nearby relationships?
24. Would you rather acquire material items or experiences?
25. If it cost the same, would you live in a mansion or a mid-sized house with a lot of land?
26. In what scenario, if any, is it okay to lie?
27. When, if ever, is it okay to break the law?
28. What is the most important lesson to teach a child?
Juicy Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
You can ask your partner many types of juicy questions to explore different aspects of their personality, such as hopes, dreams, fears, and values. Follow this list of juicy questions to ask your partner:
1. What’s the most number of times you’ve done it in a row?
2. What’s one public place where you would want to do it?
3. Have you ever had a friend with benefits?
4. If I were in your room right now, what would you want to do to me?
5. What is your favorite sex position?
6. What’s the sexiest thing someone could say to you in bed?
7. When do you feel the most passionate?
8. What is your dirtiest fantasy?
9. What are your thoughts on foreplay?
10. What do you think about friends with benefits?
11. Do you like the lights on or off during sex?
12. What do you think about toys in the bedroom?
13. What would you do if you could do anything with me?
14. When did you lose your virginity?
15. What is the weirdest thing you have dreamt about doing with a girl?
16. Are you a top or bottom?
17. Do you like cuddling?
18. Before you got to know me, did you ever fantasize about me?
19. Do you prefer making out or cuddling?
20. What is the first thing you noticed about me?
21. Do you like when the girl makes the first move?
22. What turns you on?
Our listed 200+ couple questions to know each other can be a great way to have meaningful conversations and create a deeper connection.
The questions range from light-hearted to more serious, so it is essential to consider your relationship’s stage and comfort level before diving into the list.
Even if you don’t get through all the questions, just talking about the ones that stand out can give both partners some insight into each other.
These questions to ask your spouse can lead to new topics, allowing the two of you to make connections and strengthen your bond.
We are confident that we have covered everything regarding the topic. We would highly appreciate it if you consider commenting on what topic you want to read next in our blog.