Love and relationships take hard work, but couples can create an even stronger bond with the proper knowledge.
Spending quality time together by talking is one of the best ways to understand one another.
To help couples build a strong foundation, we have compiled 200+ questions for couples to deepen their connection.
These questions are designed to help partners explore each other’s innermost thoughts and feelings, so they can better understand who they are as individuals within their relationship.
So, be ready to start with these questions to ask your partner and see how they respond.
Relationship Questions for Couples
Developing a strong and trusting relationship between two people takes time, effort, and communication. These relationship questions provide a great starting point for couples interested in exploring their connection’s complexities.
1. What kind of physical touch best expresses your feelings for me?
2. What do you love most about our relationship?
3. How do you feel when I’m giving you your favorite flowers?
4. What about our work could become a recurring problem?
5. What climate do you think is best for establishing a permanent residence?
6. What song do you want me to sing for you?
7. What kind of gift do you want from me?
8. What if I made more money than you? How would you feel?
9. If you could change one thing about me, what do you think would it be?
10. Do you still hide secrets from me?
11. Is building a family important to you?
12. What’s one secret you never told anyone except your best friend?
13. What are the three things we have in common?
14. How do you actually feel whenever I hug you?
15. Do you feel any pressure right now?
16. In our relationship, in which situations do you feel the most secure?
17. What if we can’t agree on something important that both of us are involved in?
18. What’s one question you never really asked me?
19. What would you do if we had the opportunity to change jobs tomorrow?
20. What’s the perfect advice you could give me right now?
21. Have you enjoyed meeting new friends as a child?
22. How would you describe your day?
23. What would you do with or for me that you haven’t been able to do in previous relationships?
Fun Questions for Couples
Couples often find themselves falling into a routine and wondering how to keep things fresh. An easy way to do this is to ask each other fun questions! Here are some fun couple questions that will get the conversation going!
1. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would it be?
2. What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What turns you on most?
5. What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask me, but never have?
6. In what ways have I changed since we first met?
7. Is there anything I can do to show you love better?
8. If you had one mantra to live by, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite thing that I do in bed?
10. If you could relive a year in your life, what age would you choose?
11. What is your favorite memory of us dating?
12. If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in ONLY 3 words?
13. What’s another career that you think you’d love?
14. What was your favorite date you’ve ever had with me?
15. When did you first know you loved me?
16. What’s something you’re glad you’ll never have to do again?
17. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
18. What is your idea of a romantic night with me?
19. Am I a safe person for you to talk to? If not, how can I improve?
Intimate Questions for Couples
Intimate questions can help couples to build trust and deepen their understanding of one another. Try these intimate questions to ask your partner for creating greater intimacy and closeness in your connection.
1. Would you like to be famous?
2. If you could, what would you have changed about your childhood?
3. What is one thing that you’re afraid to tell anyone else?
4. What would the perfect day look like to you? How would you spend it?
5. If we met again for the first time, but with all the knowledge of our relationship up to now, what would you want to say to me?
6. Share a time you felt embarrassed.
7. What are three qualities about me that you were first attracted to?
8. What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask me but never have?
9. What do you remember from when we were falling in love?
10. How do you like to be shown love?
11. How do you like to show love?
12. What makes you feel the most loved?
13. When have you felt the most proud of me?
14. Who was the last person you cried in front of? Why?
15. What is your biggest regret?
16. Out of the five senses, which is the most sensual to you?
17. What do you think your younger self would think of our relationship?
18. If you could relive one day together, which would it be?
19. Is there anything you’re afraid to accomplish that I can help you with?
20. Is our relationship physical enough for you? What would make it better in your eyes?
21. How and where do you like to be touched?
Romantic Questions for Couples
Date nights are the perfect time to learn more about your significant other and have some fun conversations. Here are some great questions to ask on a date night that will help spark thoughtful conversations between you and your partner.
1. What date night atmosphere would you be most happy with?
2. Do you think physical touch is a big part of romance? Moreover, what gestures in particular do you find romantic?
3. Do you think any of our friends have a great couple life? Should we follow their example?
4. What’s the first thing you thought about me when we met?
5. Where would you choose to go for a night out? A fancy restaurant? A stroll in the park? A concert? Or, maybe you’d prefer if we stayed home and cooked something nice together?
6. What’s one thing I do that really makes you feel loved?
7. What does the perfect date night look like for you?
8. Which of my qualities do you love most?
9. What’s one meal you’d like to have for a romantic night?
10. Is there a specific music genre that “gets you going”?
11. Do you think there’s a secret to staying happy in a relationship?
12. Is there a romantic movie you want us to watch together?
13. What’s one thing you really like about me, physically speaking?
14. What do you think is my favorite thing about you?
15. If we had all the money in the world, what’s the first thing you’d want us to do together?
16. Ever think of me when a song comes up on your playlist?
17. Do you think you know all there is to know about me? Would you like to ask me literally anything?
18. Can you describe me using just 3 words?
19. Do you think we had a great first kiss or was it mediocre?
20. How would you describe being in love? Is there something in particular you feel?
21. Do you think I look good in my favorite outfits?
Juicy Questions for Couples
If you’re looking to spice up your relationship, why not try asking each other some naughty questions? Asking these kinds of dirty questions for couples can help you both open up and explore new possibilities within your relationship.
1. Do you like it when someone pulls your hair?
2. Where is the naughtiest place you have done it?
3. Do you get amorous in the morning or evening?
4. What are you best at in bed?
5. Have you ever done it outside?
6. What’s the best bedroom experience that you’ve ever had?
7. What do you think about dirty talk?
8. What is your favorite place to be massaged?
9. What is your sexy scene from a movie?
10. Do you have any fetishes?
11. Have you ever had a one-night stand?
12. What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever done it?
13. Is there anything that turns you off in the bedroom?
14. What’s the longest you’ve gone without doing it?
15. What’s the most number of times you’ve done it in a row?
16. What’s one public place where you would want to do it?
17. Have you ever had a friend with benefits?
18. If I were in your room right now, what would you want to do to me?
19. What is your favorite sex position?
20. What’s the sexiest thing someone could say to you in bed?
Deep Questions for Couples
The most important ingredient for a successful relationship is communication. It is essential to ask questions that really get to the core of your partner’s beliefs, values, hopes, dreams, and fears. These are some deep questions to ask your partner:
1. Do you have any regrets?
2. What would you consider a stress buster — a relaxed weekend at a resort, an adventure trip, a disco party, or stay at home and watch TV?
3. Do you think we have changed as individuals over the years?
4. If you could change one thing about me, what would that be?
5. What is your dearest memory about us?
6. Which is your favorite family holiday, so far?
7. What are the things that you remember from our first date?
8. What made you fall in love with me?
9. Would you like to live in a small apartment in the city or a big house with a backyard on the outskirts?
10. Do you consider me your best friend?
11. How often do you think we fight?
12. What is the one superpower you would love to have?
13. What are your worst nightmares?
14. Do you think we are made for each other?
15. Which fictional couple reminds you of us?
16. If you were to make a movie about our relationship, what genre would you choose; romance, drama, comedy, thriller, or science fiction?
17. What is the one thing that you are looking forward to, of which I am a part?
18. Have you ever been jealous of a friend of mine from the opposite sex?
19. What is the one thing you would not change about yourself?
20. What according to you is your biggest accomplishment?
Get to Know You Questions for Couples
It is not always easy to come up with creative questions that will bring out the best in both people. To help learn more about each other, here are some thoughtful questions for couples to get to know your partner.
1. What aspect of yourself would you improve if you had the chance?
2. How’s your weekend so far?
3. Have you ever won an award for sports?
4. Out of the four seasons, which one is your most favorite?
5. What is one person’s habit that you find disgusting?
6. Are you willing to take risks to fight for our relationship?
7. How do you want to be remembered?
8. What’s something about me that turns you on quickly?
9. What’s the strangest thing you have ever done in your life?
10. What makes you hate a person?
11. Would you rather lose a toe or have another date with your worst ex?
12. What’s the craziest job you’d be willing to take?
13. For the past five years, what have you been most thankful for?
14. What flavor of ice cream do you like: chocolate or vanilla?
15. What one quality or skill would you benefit if you could wake up tomorrow with it?
16. What has been the most daring thing you’ve done so far?
17. What are some of your healthy and unhealthy habits?
18. What is your favorite memory of a person who is no longer in your life?
19. How do you like to spend a rainy afternoon?
20. When do you feel the most secure and taken care of?
21. What are your thoughts on transparency between couples?
22. How do you define cheating?
Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Asking a few would you rather questions is a great way to find out more about your partner and even yourself! Here are some fun would you rather questions for couples:
1. Would you rather lose all of the money you earned this year or lose all of the memories you made this year?
2. Would you rather have more time or more money?
3. Would you rather have a personal chef or a chauffeur?
4. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
5. Would you rather have a photographic memory or perfect pitch?
6. Would you rather get stranded by yourself on a desert island, or stranded on a snow mountain?
7. Would you rather get up early or stay up late?
8. Would you rather have a pet dog or a pet cat?
9. Would you rather be on a dating show (like The Bachelor or Love Island) or a survival show?
10. Would you rather always have a runny rose or always have a cough?
11. If you were an animal, would you rather be a horse or a dog?
12. Would you rather be serenaded by Snoop Dog or Mariah Carey?
13. Would you rather spend time at the beach or the ocean?
14. Would you rather live without movies or live without music?
15. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
16. Would you rather be rich or famous?
17. Would you rather be able to fly or read minds?
18. Would you rather travel back in time, or travel to the future?
19. Would you rather explore the deep sea or outer space?
20. Would you rather be an artist or an athlete?
What If Questions for Couples
In a relationship, couples should constantly ask themselves questions to ensure their partnership is as strong and healthy as possible. Asking these “what if” questions can help couples push through difficult conversations, break down communication barriers, and create an understanding between them.
1. What if we found dinosaurs living on a remote island? Would it be like Jurassic Park?
2. What if you could remember and visualize everything that happened to you from the time you were born?
3. What if you could never sleep? What would you do with the extra hours?
4. What if you were a barber, and you need to give your special someone’s dad a haircut?
5. What if you lost 100 million dollars on a bet?
6. What if you were a Harry Potter character?
7. What if you had to sacrifice yourself for someone you love?
8. What if you had magic shoes?
9. What if you saw a ghost after office?
10. What if your girlfriend/boyfriend takes all the important decisions of your life?
11. What if you had to spend 100 days on a deserted island all alone? What ten things would you take with you and why?
12. What if you won a Ferrari in a lottery?
13. What if you were invited to high tea with the Queen of England?
14. What if you were offered the opportunity to go to Mars?
15. What if you were shipwrecked on a horrifying island?
16. What if you were the President of the United States of America?
17. What if you woke up and started speaking an alien language?
18. What if you woke up and discovered you were the only person left on earth?
Never Have I Ever Questions for Couples
If you’re looking for a fun and entertaining game to play with your partner, then never have I ever questions for couples is the perfect way to spice up date night. Try these questions:
1. Never have i ever been on television.
2. Never have i ever driven drunk.
3. Never have i ever had a crush on a best friend.
4. Never have i ever had a crush on a partner’s friends.
5. Never have i ever stood up a date.
6. Never have i ever broken a bone.
7. Never have i ever had surgery.
8. Never have i ever gone on a blind date.
9. Never have i ever had a crush on a teacher.
10. Never have i ever been arrested.
11. Never have i ever lied to a police office.
12. Never have i ever used someone else’s toothbrush.
13. Never have i ever kissed my best friend.
14. Never have i ever used drugs.
15. Never have i ever dumped someone through text message.
16. Never have i ever dined and dashed.
17. Never have i ever served in court.
18. Never have i ever been a jury member.
19. Never have i ever got a speeding ticket.
20. Never have i ever been to jail.
21. Never have i ever had a one night stand.
22. Never have i ever hooked up with an ex.
23. Never have i ever been in a fist fight.
24. Never have i ever smoked a cigarette.
25. Never have i ever shoplifted.
Couples are encouraged to continue strengthening their bond with each other by asking meaningful questions.
Our listed 200+ questions to ask your significant other offer a great starting point to learn more about each other and deepen the connection.
These questions can help couples with their personal development, communication, and intimacy.
Furthermore, couples should feel free to tailor the questions to make them more relevant and engaging for themselves.
However, it’s important to remember that communication is key when it comes to maintaining a healthy, loving relationship, so use these good couples questions as often as needed!
And please consider writing a comment about your thoughts on our article.