Do you want to get to know your partner better? Are you looking for deeper ways to connect with your significant other?
If so, then this article is for you!
Inside you will find 250+ deep questions to ask your partner that will help the two of you create a stronger connection.
Asking the right questions and getting to know each other on a deeper level can greatly impact your relationship.
It helps you become closer, understand each other better, and learn more about what matters most to one another.
Table of Contents
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner Before Marriage
Before taking the big step of marriage, it’s important to really get to know your partner. This section will provide you with a list of deep relationship questions before marriage.
1. What role do you see yourself playing in the marriage?
2. Do you plan on joint or separate finances?
3. How will you handle debts and savings?
4. Do you want to have children?
5. How many children do you want, and when?
6. What are your religious or spiritual beliefs?
7. Do you believe in God or a higher power?
8. How important are religion and spirituality in your life?
9. What are your views on sex and intimacy?
10. How important is sex in a relationship?
11. What are your expectations for marriage?
12. What are your views on marriage?
13. Do you see marriage as a lifelong commitment or something that can be ended if things aren’t working out?
14. What are your reasons for wanting to get married?
15. What do you expect your spouse to do or not do?
16. How will our careers affect our relationships and family life?
17. Where do you see yourself 5, 10, or 20 years from now?
18. What goals do you have for yourself?
19. What goals do you have for yourself professionally?
20. What goals do you have for our relationship?
21. What are your views on fidelity and monogamy?
22. How do you handle conflict?
23. How do you plan to divide household duties?
24. How our differences in beliefs will impact our marriage?
25. What are your views on divorce?
26. What are your boundaries when it comes to sexual activity outside of marriage?
27. What are your thoughts on family and friends?
28. How much time do you want to spend with family and friends?
29. Will both our families be involved in our lives daily or just occasionally?
30. What are your career aspirations?
31. Do you plan to continue working after getting married or becoming a stay-at-home parent?
32. How important is trust in a marriage?
33. What do you think are the most important things to work on in a marriage?
34. What do you think are the biggest challenges we will face in our marriage?
35. What do you think will be the biggest source of conflict in our marriage?
36. How do we plan on dealing with conflict in our marriage?
37. What are your thoughts on communication in a marriage?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner over Text
Texting can be one of the most convenient ways to keep in touch and stay connected. But why not take it a step further and ask deep questions? Here is a list of deep questions to ask significant other over text:
1. Have you ever had an epiphany? If so what was it like for you?
2. What is the most intense experience you’ve had in your life?
3. When you dream big, what would you do with your life?
4. Are you a morning or a night person?
5. Do you think anyone has the capacity to cheat or do you think only cheaters cheat?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a kid?
8. What does spirituality mean to you?
9. Do you believe in giving people second chances, and why?
10. How would you describe your first crush?
11. What are your favorite hobbies?
12. What is your star sign? And do you believe in astrology?
13. What do you want people to remember about you after you’re gone?
14. What was the most important lesson you’ve learned from a past relationship?
15. What are some of your favorite books?
16. What did you want to be when you grew up?
17. Are you a mountain or a beach person?
18. What is your spirit animal?
19. Are you very close to anyone in your family? Why?
20. What are your top three strengths?
21. Have you ever shoplifted anything?
22. Have you ever told a lie that you regretted?
23. Have you ever done something you regretted?
24. Do you ever make excuses for your bad behavior? (e.g., I punched him because he was a jerk.)
25. What do you think of A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)? Scary or amazing?
26. What do you think of Elon Musk?
27. What do you think of Steve Jobs? Hero or Villain?
28. What do you think the solution is to climate change?
29. Do you think psychics are actually psychic?
30. What is your favorite workout?
31. How do you think you’d be different if you were raised in a different family?
32. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned this year?
33. What is your dream vacation?
34. What superpowers did you wish you had when you were a kid?
35. What are your top three positive qualities?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Build Intimacy
Knowing the right questions to ask your spouse or significant other can be difficult and intimidating, so we’ve compiled a list of deep questions to ask your spouse to build intimacy between you two.
1. Would you like me to kiss you in public?
2. What would you like to change about our relationship?
3. Is there anything common between us?
4. What would you do if I suddenly disappeared one day? Where do you think you would find me?
5. Which feature of me do you like the most?
6. If we were both animals, what do you think we would be?
7. What is your most ideal date?
8. Which is your most favorite romantic scene from a movie?
9. Where would you like me to take you on a date?
10. What nickname should we give each other?
11. What if I am the same person but with the face of someone you hate?
12. What is your favorite memory of us together?
13. What if we were stranded on a deserted island together? How long do you think we would survive?
14. When do you feel most romantic, early morning or late in the night?
15. What made you fall in love with me?
16. When did you first realize you have feelings for me?
17. Did you ever fantasize about kissing me before our first kiss?
18. How was our first kiss?
19. What would you say if I asked you to move in with me?
20. What does your dream house look like?
21. Is there anything I don’t do, but you wish I did?
22. How would you react if I tell you that you are a gorgeous woman I have ever met?
23. How would your dream wedding be?
24. What do you love most about me?
25. What do you feel when I touch you?
26. Describe me in one word.
27. Do you feel happy with me?
28. Define our relationship.
29. Are there any ‘couple goals’ you would like us to achieve?
30. What are our strengths and weaknesses as a couple?
31. Is there any moment of ours that you would like to relive again?
32. What do you think we should work on to make our bond stronger?
33. Pick a song as our love song.
34. What do you think is love?
35. What do you fear most in our relationship?
36. If we ever separated, what do you think would be the reason for it?
37. What is our funniest moment together?
38. What is my one flaw that you find the cutest?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Beat Relationship Boredom
Are you and your partner in a relationship rut? Don’t worry, it’s normal. Every couple has periods of boredom. To beat the monotony, try spicing things up with some deep questions to ask your partner to have fun.
1. How old do you feel?
2. What food have you always wanted to try? What food do people think is gross that you love?
3. Have you ever changed someone’s opinion on something? What was it?
4. If you could have any job, regardless of whether you have the experience or not, what would it be?
5. Are you a cat or dog person?
6. Which of the 7 wonders of the world have you always wanted to see? Have you seen any of them already?
7. What’s your middle name? Who gave you your middle name, and what’s the story behind it?
8. What’s your favorite music station?
9. What’s your favorite action movie? What did you love about it?
10. What’s your favorite dessert?
11. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
12. What does your ideal weekend look like?
13. Who is your favorite artist? Why?
14. What’s your favorite place?
15. Your house is on fire, and you can save 1 of 3 things. Your favorite book, your good tweezers, or your favorite mug. Which would you choose and why?
16. Have you ever been out of the country? If yes, tell me about your favorite trip. If not, where would you like to go?
17. What is your favorite State? What do you love about it?
18. Do you cook more or eat out more? If you like to cook, what’s your favorite thing to cook?
19. Do you like movies or books better?
20. What movie is way better than the book? What movie ruined the book for you?
21. Have you ever wanted to write a book? What would you write?
22. Do you any famous or interesting people in your family history?
23. Tell me about your best vacation.
24. Have you ever taken a fake sick day? What did you do?
25. Tell me about your friends. What are they like? Do you have a BFF?
26. What do you like to do with your friends?
27. Do you like your friends? Do you think they’ll like me?
28. What’s your favorite thing to relax in the evenings?
29. Tell me about your childhood pet. If you’ve never had one, would you like one? What kind?
30. What isn’t an Olympic sport but should be?
31. What’s your favorite but lame and outdated slang word or expression?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Strengthen Your Relationship
If you’re looking for ways to take your relationship to the next level, then asking your partner meaningful questions is a great place to start. This is a list of deep questions that are designed to strengthen your connection with each other.
1. If you were having relationship troubles, would you ever go see a relationship counselor?
2. What’s one time when you had to compromise? How did that feel to you?
3. What would be the perfect amount of time each day that you’d spend with your partner?
4. What’s a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?
5. What is a healthy relationship to you?
6. What in this relationship has been hard for you to deal with?
7. What in past relationships has been hard to deal with?
8. What has made you feel not free?
9. How have you felt fulfilled in our relationship?
10. What’s your favorite date that we’ve been on?
11. What do you look for in a relationship?
12. What personal qualities do you love?
13. Do you believe in marriage? If so, what age do you think is the best for marriage?
14. Do you believe in soul mates?
15. What is your love language?
16. What is your idea of a perfect date?
17. When have you been most joyful in our relationship?
18. What would you enjoy doing more of together?
19. In the past week, what are you most grateful for in this relationship?
20. What worries you?
21. What ticks you off?
22. Are your needs being met?
23. What scares you the most?
24. What is your idea of a perfect vacation?
25. How do you describe commitment? How do you describe freedom?
26. Do you want to have kids?
27. How do you imagine your life in 10 years? 20 years? 50 years?
28. If you had all the money you needed, what would you do with your life?
29. Where would you put yourself on the workaholic to relaxaholic spectrum?
30. How do you react when you’re upset?
31. If you had a partner who gained a lot of weight, would you stay with them?
32. What do you think leads people to cheat in relationships?
33. What are the three things we have in common?
34. How do you actually feel whenever I hug you?
35. Do you feel any pressure right now?
36. In our relationship, in which situations do you feel the most secure?
37. What if we can’t agree on something important that both of us are involved in?
38. What’s one question you never really asked me?
39. What would you do if we had the opportunity to change jobs tomorrow?
40. What’s the perfect advice you could give me right now?
41. Have you enjoyed meeting new friends as a child?
42. How would you describe your day?
43. What would you do with or for me that you haven’t been able to do in previous relationships?
44. Do you still hide secrets from me?
45. Is building a family important to you?
46. What’s one secret you never told anyone except your best friend?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Asking your boyfriend deep questions can help strengthen your bond and create trust between the two of you. Here are some deep questions to ask a guy to get better understand his thoughts, feelings, and hopes for the future:
1. Are you looking for a serious relationship?
2. Did you know what you were looking for when you met me?
3. What have you learned about love from your previous relationships?
4. What are some areas for growth for you when it comes to how you show up in relationships?
5. How do you process difficult emotions?
6. How do you like to be supported when you’re going through something difficult?
7. What is your deepest insecurity?
8. What were your previous relationships like?
9. Why do you think your previous relationship didn’t work out?
10. What did work well in your previous relationships?
11. How do you feel about the way your last relationship ended?
12. What have you learned about yourself from your previous relationships?
13. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
14. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
15. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
16. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
17. What would you want to do in the case of an unintended pregnancy?
18. What do you look for in a partner?
19. What do you want more of from our relationship?
20. What do you want less of in our relationship?
21. Where do you see our relationship going in the future?
22. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
23. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
24. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
25. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
26. What counts as cheating?
27. Are you friends with your exes?
28. How do you handle jealousy?
29. What do you think about gender roles in heterosexual relationships?
30. Could you ever date someone with opposing political views to your own?
31. What forms of birth control should we use?
32. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
33. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Finding meaningful ways to bond with your girlfriend is important for any relationship. These deep questions to ask a girl will allow you to connect on a much deeper level than ever before.
1. What do you think you would be like as a mother?
2. What scares you about becoming a parent?
3. Do you feel like you’ve found your life purpose?
4. What are the values you hold dearest to you?
5. What is your greatest fear?
6. Why do you think you are the way you are in relationships?
7. What does an ideal relationship look like to you?
8. What do you think about the concept of marriage?
9. What does commitment mean to you?
10. When did you last cry in front of another person?
11. How do you feel about your gender?
12. What feels hard in your life right now?
13. When do you feel most alive?
14. What is the meaning of life?
15. Do you think humans are inherently good or inherently evil?
16. When is the last time you felt truly, exuberantly happy?
17. Are you close with your family?
18. Do you think your family knows the real you?
19. What is your relationship with your parents like?
20. Has it always been that way?
21. What was your childhood like?
22. Would you change anything about the way you grew up?
23. Do you feel like money affected the way you grew up? How so?
24. Do you feel like race has affected your life? How so?
25. What do you think your younger self would think about who you are today?
26. If money wasn’t an issue, how would you spend your days?
27. What are you most proud of in your life?
28. Is there anything from your past that you’re ashamed about?
29. In what ways do you think you have grown as a person?
30. What is one part of yourself that you think still needs work?
31. What is the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to go through?
32. Do you love yourself?
33. Do you think our society is progressing or regressing these days?
Having meaningful conversations with your partner is an essential part of any relationship.
It can help you gain insight into how they think and feel, allowing you to connect on a deeper level.
Our listed 250+ questions can be a good idea to start a deep conversation with your partner.
These conversations also can be a great way to resolve any potential conflicts or disagreements that may arise in your relationship.
We’d like to request you write a comment on our site about the topic you would like to read about.