Looking to deepen your friendship with your buddies?
This blog post is filled with 150+ deep questions to ask your friends.
Asking these questions will help you get to know each other on a deeper level, which in turn will strengthen the bond.
Whether you’re catching up over coffee or just hanging out, these questions will keep the conversation flowing.
So grab a friend and get started!
Table of Contents
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Spark Meaningful Conversations
Finding topics to talk about with friends can be challenging. Below is a list of deep questions to ask friends to spark those meaningful conversations:
1. How do you define happiness for yourself?
2. What’s one thing you cherish about our family?
3. What’s a talent you wish you had or that you’re working on?
4. What’s your favorite memory as a child?
5. How do you like to be comforted when you’re sad or upset?
6. How do you make friends?
7. When was the moment in your life you laughed the hardest?
8. What would you change in this world if you could?
9. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
10. What’s one thing you’d like to accomplish in your life?
11. What’s your favorite recent memory from school?
12. Are humans good for this planet?
13. Tell me an idea you had as a kid that you wish you kept.
14. What’s the most loved you’ve ever felt?
15. What do you think religion is for most of our country?
16. What’s the best present you ever received? Who gave it to you and why was it so special?
17. What makes a meaningful conversation to you?
18. What makes a genuine relationship with your siblings?
19. What do you think happens when we die?
20. How do you define success within our family?
21. When you can’t sleep, what keeps you up at night?
22. What’s one thing you could change about yourself if you could?
23. If you had to live in another time period, what would you choose?
24. What’s your all-time favorite memory?
25. What’s your biggest fear in life?
26. When’s the last time you got to really experience nature?
27. How many deep relationships do you have in your life?
28. What’s the hardest thing you had to do at work or school?
29. Who was your first friend, and are they still in your life?
30. What’s your biggest fear in love?
31. What is something you have accomplished as an adult that your younger self would be proud of?
32. Do you believe in soulmates?
33. Is taking a life ever justified? Why?
34. Which fictional character do you most relate to?
35. What characteristics define your personality?
36. Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
37. Who is a person you wish you never met?
38. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done and would you do it again?
39. What do you think the best way to resolve conflict is?
40. What is a language you love to listen to even if you don’t speak or understand it?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Know Them Better
According to study, asking deep questions is the perfect method to get to know your friends better. So, stop waiting & let’s give them a try!
1. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
2. What’s the worst decision you’ve ever made?
3. What has your hardest goodbye in life been so far?
4. Do you feel that you’re young at heart, or an old soul?
5. What book has impacted you the most?
6. What do you do when no one else is around?
7. When have you felt the most proud?
8. What are the top three things that stress you out?
9. If you choose to get married one day, what would your dream proposal scenario be?
10. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
11. What color would you choose to describe yourself?
12. Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
13. Would you ever consider being in a long-distance relationship?
14. What’s something you’d consider unforgivable?
15. What do you consider the ultimate comfort food?
16. What is your favorite thing about your personality?
17. What are the top three ways you deal with stress?
18. Would you rather be an expert at one thing, or pretty good at many things?
19. What does your name mean, and why was it given to you?
20. Where do you feel most centered and happy?
21. Where do you want to travel the most?
22. If you could only have three things on your life bucket list, what would they be?
23. Do you remember the first novel you ever read? If so, what was it?
24. What’s an unexpected movie that makes you cry?
25. What’s your favorite thing you own and why?
26. When do you feel most authentically yourself?
27. Have you ever experienced a “friendship breakup”? What did it teach you?
28. If money was no object, what would you buy?
29. How do you show your appreciation?
30. What’s the scariest or most thrilling roller coaster you’ve ever been on?
31. Who do you most admire, and how has that impacted the way you live your life?
32. What are the qualities that attract you most in a love interest?
33. Where is one place you’d love to travel to again?
34. Do you feel that you have a healthy relationship with social media?
35. What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
36. Did you ever feel like your parents were your friends?
37. What did you want to be when you grew up?
38. What did you learn about friendship from your family?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Enhance Your Friendship
The following deep questions to ask friends list can help strengthen the friendship and get to know them better on a deeper level:
1. How can I be a better friend to you?
2. What’s the most important thing I should know about you?
3. When did you know we were going to become good friends?
4. Is there a time when I made you feel particularly well supported?
5. Do you trust me?
6. If you could have a fictional superhero for a best friend, who would it be?
7. What qualities do you look for in a best friend?
8. Do you think we spend enough time together?
9. Do you think we have similar values?
10. What does friendship mean to you?
11. What do you think is the key to long-lasting friendship?
12. What’s your favourite thing to do together?
13. What do you look for and need in your friendships?
14. What signs do I show whenever I’m anxious or nervous?
15. How do you most like to communicate?
16. Is there anything about me that challenges you?
17. What makes me a good friend?
18. How do you feel that you best offer love and support to your friends?
19. Whom do you look up to the most — and what qualities in that person do you want to see in yourself?
20. Do you feel appreciated by me?
21. What do you think is my hidden talent?
22. What is your favourite trait in me?
23. Do you think I would trade you for a million dollars?
24. Are there any boundaries that we have with each other?
25. What was your first impression of me?
26. Can you tell me something about yourself I don’t already know?
27. What’s your favourite memory that we have together?
28. If you have a problem, how can I best help you?
29. What are some things that you wished people knew about you?
30. Do you feel you can be vulnerable with me?
31. Do you feel supported by me?
32. What was the worst phase in your life?
33. Do we deal with conflict well?
34. What if you could relive any moment in your life whenever you wished to? Which moment would you choose and why?
35. Do I integrate well with your other relationships?
36. Do you believe in second chances?
37. Do you think I prioritise you enough?
38. If you had to move to a distant land without your friends and family, would you do it?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Connect Deeply
Here are some of the most stimulating deep questions to ask your friends to create a connection that goes beyond the surface.
1. What was your first or most memorable thought when you first met me?
2. What does our friendship mean to you?
3. Do you see us doing something together within the next five years? And if so, what do you see us doing?
4. What do you look for in a friendship?
5. What gives you the most comfort?
6. What qualities do you value in a true friend?
7. What is/was your longest lasting friendship and how did it last so long?
8. Is there anything you would change about me?
9. Is there anything more I could do to make sure you know how much I appreciate having you as a friend?
10. What is your advice for long-distance friendships?
11. Have you ever faced a traumatic or challenging situation in your life that helped you understand people better?
12. Is there something you’ve wanted to do for a long time but haven’t yet? What would that be?
13. What are your highest aspirations?
14. Is there anything you want to know about me?
15. Do you think you can have multiple best friends or only one?
16. Have you ever kept a secret from me? If so, why?
17. What is a relationship deal breaker for you?
18. What areas of your life would you like to grow in, and how can I help support that growth?
19. What are your core values?
20. If you found out my partner cheated on me, would you tell me? And vice versa?
21. How would you like people to remember you?
22. What makes you feel most alive?
23. Do you wish I was closer to the other people in your life?
24. How do you express your emotions?
25. Are you afraid of getting old?
26. Do you have an easy or hard time letting go of the past?
27. Do you forgive those who have hurt you? How?
28. Do you think your priorities will change over time or generally stay the same?
29. Have you ever not told me when you were upset with me?
30. Do you talk loudly to your ‘inner self?’
31. What’s your philosophy in life?
32. Do you try to grow and improve your abilities?
33. How do you usually respond to criticism?
34. Do you find it easy to make changes in life?
35. Given a choice to change something in history, what would you like to change?
36. Do you practice random acts of kindness?
37. What was the best phase in your life?
38. Do you think people will become better if they just let go of the pretensions they carry?
39. Do you always think a lot before saying anything?
In a nutshell, asking deep questions is a great way to strengthen relationships and build deeper connections.
With this list of 150+ deep questions to ask your friends, we hope you have found some great conversation starters that will allow you to get closer together as friends.
So don’t hesitate – dive into these questions and start engaging in meaningful conversations today!
What new insight do these questions reveal about the people in your life? Please tell us in the comment section below.