Not all interviewers will ask conventional background and credentials questions.
You must be thinking, why’s that!
Some potential employers want to get to know you by asking you funny interview questions or brain teasers during your interview.
These questions allow you to exhibit your ability to think quickly and your personality.
Well, there you go. There is your answer!
In this post, we present some amusing interview questions and sample responses to help you increase your chances of landing a job.
Let’s dig in!
Table of Contents
Top 10 Funny Interview Questions and Sample Answers
Here are the top 10 funny interview questions with answers that you may like.
1. What color is money?
This question is very common if you’re applying for a job that needs cultural awareness. The best answer could be “It depends on the country.”
2. What sort of tree would you be if you were a tree, and why?
The candidate’s response will provide you with insight into her role-related skills. The ideal answer could be, “I would be an oak tree, since I am sturdy and trustworthy.”
3. Why are manholes circular?
This response displays your candidate’s ability to see the importance of specific solutions. You may answer that a circular manhole cover cannot fall through the circular manhole opening
4. What are your thoughts on garden gnomes?
It is designed to loosen the applicant up, get a peek of their personality. The candidate may say “if I could get employment as one, I doubt I would be here today speaking with you”.
5. Do you like to hunt or gather?
This question can assist you in rapidly determining what sorts of strengths and flaws your candidate is likely to exhibit in the position.
Your best response may be that you are a gatherer who like to gather huge chunks of data and analyze it using different tools.
6. How many pennies would this room hold?
This question allows you to examine how a candidate uses reasoning to tackle apparently insurmountable problems.
You can say, “I’d have to count how many pennies fit lengthwise, widthwise, and heightwise.
7. When was the last time you offered someone a gift?
It should elicit a warm, emotional response, allowing you to build a stronger relationship with your prospect. So do tell them about the last gift you gave to someone.
8. What do you think about while you’re driving alone?
An interviewer may use this question to gauge your thoughtfulness and to see if you make plans for your career or personal life.
You must give honest answer to this question what you think of while driving alone.
9. If you could have any superhero power, what would it be and why would you want it?
The response to this question provides your interviewer with a strong indication of your leadership ability. So, you must choose your superpower accordingly.
10. In Florida, how would you market hot cocoa?
This question is most commonly asked in sales interviews. You can say that in a sweltering summer, anything ice cold sells well, and hot cocoa powder can be mixed into anything.
Funny Interview Questions List
Now for what you’ve been waiting for: a long list of funny questions to ask in an interview. Consider these unusual questions and see how you would react.
1. If you could be Batman or Robin, which one would you be?
2. An apple costs 20 pence, an orange costs 40 pence, and a banana costs 60 pence, how much is a pear?
3. You are hosting a dinner party and must invite 3 famous people. Who would you choose and why?
4. Is a Jaffa cake a biscuit or cake?
5. How would you rate your memory?
6. Teach me something I don’t know in the next five minutes.
7. What’s your dream job?
8. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be?
9. Are you a hunter or a gatherer?
10. What do you think would be a fitting epitaph on your gravestone?
11. What’s the most interesting holiday you’ve ever had?
12. What would you choose as your last meal?
13. Using a scale of 1 to 10, Rate yourself on how weird you are.
14. When you go on holiday, when do you pack your case?
15. What would I find in your fridge right now?
16. On a scale of 1-10, how lucky do you think you are?
17. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
18. Who would win a fight between spiderman and batman?
19. How would you convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do?
20. What do you work toward in your free time?
21. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
22. How would you design a spice rack for a blind person?
23. What football team do you support? – Why them?
24. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
25. Why on earth are you here today?
26. What meme makes you laugh the most?
27. What would the title of your autobiography be?
28. How would you spend a million dollars?
29. Why are manhole covers round?
30. How would you explain a database in three sentences to your eight year old nephew?
31. If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet what would you want?
32. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
33. Explain quantum electrodynamics in two minutes, starting now.
34. How many balloons would fit in this room?
35. If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?
36. What is the philosophy of martial arts?
37. Explain to me what has happened in this country during the last 10 years
38. How many bricks are there in Shanghai? Consider only residential buildings.
39. How would you market table tennis balls if table tennis itself became obsolete? List many ways, then pick one and go into detail.
40. How many Smartphones are there in London?
41. You are in charge of 20 people. Organize them to figure out how many bicycles were sold in your area last year.
42. Why do you think only a small percentage of the population makes over £125,000 a year?
43. How many ball bearings, each one inch in diameter, can fit inside a 747 aircraft?
44. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
45. How do you weigh an elephant without using a scale?
46. If you had 5,623 participants in a tournament, how many games would need to be played to determine the winner?
47. If you were given a free full-page ad in the newspaper and had to sell yourself in six words or less, how would the ad read?
48. How do you feel about affirmative action?
49. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
50. What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?
51. Why do you think Charles Chaplin is famous?
52. Which ancient place would you like to go?
53. What will you do if you have a time machine?
54. What new talent would you like to master?
55. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
56. What imaginary world would you like to live in?
57. What would you like to ask from the God?
58. How would you react if you are transformed into a fish?
59. What would I find in your refrigerator?
60. Tell me about the worst boss you ever had.
61. What is the temperature when it’s twice as cold as zero degrees?
62. Are you a cat person?
63. If you were a salad, what kind of dressing would you have?
64. How do I rate as an interviewer?
65. If you were a bicycle, what part would you be?
66. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
67. How would you describe yourself in three words?
68. Can you tell a joke?
69. Who do you like the best, your mum or your dad?
70. What makes you angry?
71. If you were an animal/a can of soup/some other random object, which one would you be?
72. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you?
73. What were the causes of the First World War?
74. If both a taxi and a limo were priced the exact same, which one would you choose?
75. How would you measure 9 minutes using only a 4 minute and 7 minute hourglass?
76. What are five uncommon uses of a brick, not including building, layering, or a paperweight?
77. What is the probability of throwing 11 and over with two dices?
78. If you are a god what would you do to the world?
79. Which super power do you like to have and why?
80. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
81. What song describes your life at the moment?
82. Which Game of Thrones character would you be?
83. Complete the sentence “I wish my new boss would….”
84. What is your go-to emoji?
85. What fictional family would you most like to join?
86. What are the first three things you’d do on your first day at work here?
87. What kind of people do you dislike?
88. Do you like Jerry or Tom?
89. What video games do you play?
90. What would you do when you have learnt that your boat is out of oil?
91. Who would win a battle between a ninja and a pirate?
92. What was the last book you read?
93. Can you describe an atom?
94. How would you move Mount Fuji?
95. Are your parents disappointed with your career aspirations?
96. Tell me how you would determine how many house painters there are in the UK?
97. What would it cost to rent Hyde Park for commercial purposes?
98. If I put you in a sealed room with a phone that had no dial tone, how would you fix it?
99. If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?
100. What do you like to wear when you go to work?
101. What was the most traumatic experience to happen in your personal life?
102. Sing a song that best describes you.
103. If you were a character from Star Wars, which one would you be?
104. Sell me this glass of water.
105. What has been your most bizarre life experience?
106. Tell me about your recent travelling experience.
Tips on How to Answer Funny Interview Questions
Here are some tips that will help you in answering hilarious interview questions.
1. Keep your cool
Take a deep breath before answering a question that stumps you. Even if you don’t feel it, you want to look calm and confident.
2. Take your time considering the question
Don’t feel obligated to respond soon. You want to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are evaluating a number of choices rather than leaping to a conclusion.
3. Pose inquiries
Ask the interviewer further questions to ensure you grasp the question. You could discover that their responses provide you extra information to assist you come up with a decent solution.
4. Discuss your thought process
Explain in detail how you solved the brain teaser. Focus on your approach rather than the ultimate answer.
5. Consider the job
Keep in mind that interview questions are intended to discover whether or not you have the necessary abilities for the job.
Remember Friend! Every now and then, hiring managers like to throw candidates some curveballs by asking funny job interview questions.
While funny questions might seem like a waste of time, they really aren’t.
In fact, they can reveal a lot more about you than you’d think. Yes, that’s right!
By nailing these funny questions, you can showcase your amazing personality, and highlight critical capabilities.
You can also give the hiring manager crucial glimpses into your professional mindset.
So that’s the benefit they have!
We hope this article will help you in tackling such questions.
Feel free to leave a comment at the end. We would appreciate it.