Do you want to improve your trivia knowledge? You’ve arrived to the correct location.
Our complete selection of general trivia questions will have you stumped!
Don’t believe us? You will once you are finished with the list we have prepared for you.
Professionals have fact-checked each of our trivia questions.
And include all of the questions and answers you’ll need for a great trivia night.
So what are you waiting for?
Let’s get this party started.
General knowledge Trivia
For your next game night with the squad, we’ve compiled this beautiful general knowledge trivia quiz. Let’s get going, shall we?
1. How many teeth does an adult human have?
2. Which year Demi-Leigh Neil-Peters become Miss Universe?
3. Which nail grows faster?
4. What is the largest bird of prey in the world?
Answer: Andean Condor.
5. What is the Name the largest planet in the universe?
6. In which sport would you use a shuttlecock?
7. Who invented the airplane?
Answer: Wright Brothers.
8. Which year did Albert Einstein die?
9. Who wrote Oliver Twist?
Answer: Charles Dickens.
10. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Who proposed this law?
11. Which year did the incident of Gulf Oil Spill occur?
12. Who discovered South Asia?
Answer: Vasco de Gama.
13. Name the famous stage actor who killed Abraham Lincoln in 1865?
Answer: John Wikes Booth.
14. Who discovered Australia?
Answer: Captain James Cook.
15. Who coined the word “biochemistry”?
Answer: Wilhelm Kühne.
16. Who is the first president of America?
Answer: George Washington.
17. Who discovered human cell?
Answer: Robert Hooke.
18. How many states are there in America?
19. What’s the name of France’s external intelligence agency?
Answer: General Directorate for External Security.
20. How many countries are there in Asia?
21. Beauty with brains is the basic concept of which famous competition?
Answer: Miss Universe.
22. Who is fifth in line to the British throne?
Answer: Prince Louis.
23. Who invented calculus?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton.
24. What is the official currency of India?
Answer: Indian rupee.
25. Who wrote Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
Answer: The Brothers Grimm.
26. Who wrote, (Around the world in Eighty Days)?
Answer: Jules Verne.
27. What is the capital of Hawaii?
28. Fear of closely-packed holes is called?
29. Enchiladas originated in which country?
General Trivia Questions about History
This general knowledge history quiz covers all the major eras in human history. How much do you know about history? Let’s find out!
1. By what name were the Egyptian kings/rulers known?
2. How long did the Han Dynasty rule China?
Answer: More than 400 years.
3. Which country was split into two zones by the Yalta agreement?
4. How many Pyramids of Giza were made?
5. Who commanded the confederate armies during The American Civil War?
Answer: Robert E. Lee.
6. Who which queen was Julius Caesar involved with?
7. During which king’s reign did The Great Fire Of London occur?
Answer: Charles II.
8. In which country was the Battle of Culloden fought in 1746?
9. Where did the Franks settle after defeating the Romans?
10. Who fought in the Hundred Years’ War?
Answer: Britain and France.
11 Where in England was William Shakespeare born?
12. How long did the Middle Ages last?
Answer: About 1000 years.
13. When did the Mexican Revolution start?
Answer: November 20, 1910.
14. Which religion dominated the middle Ages?
15. Who was the 1st wife of Henry VIII?
Answer: Catherine of Aragon.
16. Who was the first ruler of the Mongol Empire?
Answer: Genghis Khan.
17. In which year World War I begin?
18. What year did India gain independence from Britain?
19. In what year did the UK’s lease on Hong Kong expire?
20. In which country Adolph Hitler was born?
21. Famed as a member of the Rat Pack, who died on Christmas day 1995?
Answer: Dean Martin.
22. John F. Kennedy was assassinated in which city?
23. On Sunday 18th June 1815, which famous battle took place?
Answer: The Battle of Waterloo.
24. If you were born on Christmas Day, what would your star sign be?
25. Which Chinese dynasty lasted from 1368 to 1644?
26. What was the third country to get the atomic bomb?
27. In America, what became the 49th state to enter the union in 1959?
General Trivia Questions about Geography
This geography general knowledge quiz will transport you throughout the world. These questions are gonna test you, so be ready!
1. Which American state is the largest by area?
2. What is the capital of Scotland?
3. What country would you have to visit to see the ruins of Troy?
4. Which two countries share the longest international border?
Answer: Canada and the USA.
5. Which country was NOT part of the Soviet Union?
6. What is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City.
7. Which small country is located between the borders of France and Spain?
8. By area, what is the largest body of fresh water in the world?
Answer: Lake Superior – 31,700 square miles.
9. Which continent is the largest?
10. Where would you find the “Spanish Steps”?
Answer: Rome, Italy.
11. What is the shallowest ocean?
Answer: Arctic – with an average depth of 3,407 feet.
12. Which of the Seven Wonders is located in Egypt?
Answer: The Pyramids of Giza.
13. What sea is located between Australia and New Zealand?
14. In which city, is the Big Nickel located in Canada?
Answer: Sudbury, Ontario.
15. What is the capital of New Zealand?
16. Which of these island countries is located in the Caribbean?
17. By area, what is the smallest Canadian province?
Answer: Prince Edward Island.
18. Which desert is the largest in the world?
Answer: The Sahara Desert.
19. What year is on the flag of the US state Wisconsin?
20. In which country is the Great Victoria Desert?
21. What is the name of the world’s longest river?
Answer: The Nile.
22. How many countries border Kyrgyzstan?
23. Which city in India would you find the Taj Mahal in?
24. What is the area of Vatican City?
25. What country has the most countries bordering it?
Answer: China – 14 countries.
26. What is the second longest river in Africa?
Answer: Congo – 2,922 miles.
27. What is the only country that borders the United Kingdom?
28. In which country would you find the city of Dresden?
29. How many time zones does Australia have?
30. Can you name a four-letter country in Africa?
Answer: Chad, Mali, or Togo.
General Trivia Questions about Sports
Here is a sport general knowledge quiz. This section of trivia is about record-breaking athletes, as well as the history and laws of sports.
1. Which male tennis player has won the highest number of grand slams?
Answer: Roger Federer.
2. Who won the women’s singles of the 2015 US open championship?
Answer: Flavia Pennatta.
3. Paul Michael Levesque is the real name of which famous wrestler?
Answer: Triple H.
4. Name the country who won the 2018 Fed cup?
Answer: Czech Republic.
5. Which Williams’s sister has won more Grand Slam titles?
6. How long is the football end zone?
Answer: 10 yards.
7. What country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930?
8. In which year was the first super bowl played?
9. In what year was the first-ever Wimbledon Championship held?
10. Which sporting event is played every year during the Memorial Day?
Answer: Indianapolis 500.
11. Who defeated Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam (WWE) on August 19, 2018?
Answer: Roman Reigns.
12. Which racer holds the record for the most Grand Prix wins?
Answer: Michael Schumacher.
13. In which country was snooker invented?
14. Which golfer is known as the walrus?
Answer: Craig Robert Stadler.
15. In Kentucky Derby, the horse age is limited to?
Answer: 3 years.
16. What game is associated with Tiger Woods?
17. Which boxer was known as “The Greatest” and “The People’s Champion”?
Answer: Muhammad Ali.
18. In which year Serena Williams won her first major tennis championship?
19. How many leagues have the Manchester United won till now?
20. What sport was Jesse Owens involved in?
Answer: Track and field.
21. What is the size of the baseball?
Answer: 9 inches in circumference.
22. Which hockey team did Wayne Gretzky play for in the ‘80s?
Answer: Edmonton Oilers.
23. A golf ball is made up of?
24. Which team had won the first ever World Series in baseball in the 1950’s?
Answer: New York Yankees.
25. When did NBA players start playing in the Olympics?
26. After how many years are Olympic Games held?
Answer: 4 years.
27. How many players play on each hockey team?
28. How many balls are there in a snooker triangle?
General Trivia Questions about Animals
This animal general knowledge quiz covers many aspects of animals, including anatomy, scientific names, and more.
1. How long is the gestation period of an African elephant?
Answer: 22 months.
2. Basenji is what type of Dog?
Answer: Hunting Dog.
3. What’s the scientific name of a wolf?
Answer: Canis lupus.
4. The gestation period of a tigress is?
Answer: 100 days.
5. A dog sweats through which part of its body?
Answer: Its paws.
6. What is a female donkey called?
Answer: A Jenny.
7. Which animal gives birth through the mouth?
Answer: Gastric-brooding frog.
8. What is the size of a newborn kangaroo?
Answer: 1 inch.
9. Which mammal has no vocal cords?
10. Which bird cannot walk?
11. How far away can a wolf smell its prey?
Answer: Almost 2 miles.
12. What’s the fastest land animal in the world?
Answer: The cheetah.
13. Which animal keeps growing till the death?
14. Which animal is known to spend 90% of its day, sleeping?
15. How many eyes does a bee have?
16. In certain memory tests, which animal performs better than the humans?
17. What color is the tongue of a giraffe?
18. Which animal symbolizes good luck in Europe?
19. Which mammal can truly fly?
20. Which animal’s stripes are on their skin as well as their fur?
21. What name is used to refer to a group of frogs?
Answer: An army.
22. How many legs a honeybee has?
23. How many hearts does an octopus have?
24. A newborn kangaroo has a size of?
Answer: A Lima bean.
25. Do sponges have hearts?
26. Float and Bask are the common names for the group of which animal?
27. What is the Name the world’s poisonous spider?
Answer: Brazilian Wandering Spider.
28. Which mammal is known to have the most powerful bite in the world?
29. Which animal is immortal?
Answer: Turritopsis doohmii.
General Trivia Questions about Entertainment
Here are some general trivia questions and answers about entertainment. Are you a big enough movie and television lover to answer all of them? Let’s find out!
1. Who was Saturday Night Lives’ first celebrity host?
Answer: George Carlin.
2. Which game was never released on the Nintendo 64?
Answer: Metroid 64.
3. Who is the singing sister of the actor who played Ferdy in ‘This Life’?
Answer: Tanita Tikaram.
4. Which TV chef had a blender released in 2013?
Answer: Sandra Lee.
5. What year saw the launch of the Academy Awards?
6. What movie was marketed with the tagline: ‘who you gonna call?’
7. How many seasons did the ‘Oprah Winfrey Show’ run for?
Answer: 25 seasons.
8. Which celebrity chef had a very public split with Charles Saatchi in 2013?
Answer: Nigella Lawson.
9. What is the name of Gwyneth Paltrow’s online blog?
10. What monster movie is set on both Skull Island and in New York?
Answer: King Kong’ Click to see the answer.
11. Gangnam Style’ was a worldwide hit by a singer from which country?
Answer: South Korea.
12. Singer and celebrity Katherine Jenkins is from which of these countries?
13. What does the BBC stand for?
Answer: British Broadcasting Corporation.
14. What sport is frequently seen in the TV series ‘One Tree Hill’?
15. Who shouldered the role of James Bond after Timothy Dalton?
Answer: Pierce Brosnan.
16. Who was the host of the ‘Tonight Show’ from 1962-1992?
Answer: Johnny Carson.
17. Which singer played the role of Hannah Montana?
Answer: Miley Cyrus.
18. What film won the most ‘Golden Raspberry’ awards in 2010?
Answer: The Last Airbender.
19. Which popular ‘Vocaloid’ character is most associated with leeks?
Answer: Hatsune Miku.
20. Funkytown by Lipps Inc reached number one in the US in which year?
21. What is the name of Miley Cyrus’ alter ego in the hit kids’ TV show?
Answer: Hannah Montana.
22. We Are Young and ‘Why Am I the One’ are songs by which band?
23. Which celebrity sadly passed away in April 2014 at the age of 25?
Answer: Peaches Geldof.
24. Which actor had a cameo appearance in each of the three ‘Spider-Man’ movies?
Answer: Bruce Campbell.
25. What is George’s hot tempered father’s name in ‘Seinfeld’?
26. In 2008 which musical artist brought us the song ‘Chasing Pavements’?
27. In what year did Will Young win ‘Pop Idol’?
28. Mariah Carey took over as a judge on American Idol from which other pop diva?
Answer: Jennifer Lopez.
29. Which actor played the title role in the TV sitcom ‘Frasier’?
Answer: Kelsey Grammer.
30. Which actress played Lara Croft in the ‘Tomb Raider’ movies?
Answer: Angelina Jolie.
General Trivia Questions about Science
This section is all about the weather, planets, and elements. Do you believe you can properly answer this science general knowledge quiz? We’ll see!
Answer: Alexander Fleming.
2. What is Coprology the study of?
Answer: a parody of astrology.
3. Fe is the atomic symbol of which element?
4. What does a micron measure?
5. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize (in 1903)?
Answer: Marie Curie.
6. Which fruit has more genes than the humans?
7 What energy does an Eolic power station generate?
8. What part of the atom has no electric charge?
9. How many elements are there in a periodic table?
10. Which chemical has the atomic number one?
11. What is the symbol for potassium?
12. Rain contains which vitamin?
13. The animals who love plants and meat are known as?
14. What is Exobiology the study of?
Answer: life in outer space.
15. What is meteorology the study of?
Answer: The weather.
16. Sodium Hydrogen Bicarbonate is a scientific name of which common thing?
Answer: Baking Soda.
17. What is Otology the study of?
18. Which planet is the hottest in the solar system?
19. What type of blood group is a universal donor?
20. Which natural disaster is measured with a Richter scale?
21. How many bones adult human bodies have?
22. What is Hydrogeology the study of?
Answer: underground water.
23. What animals are pearls found in?
24. Which planet has the most gravity?
25. At the birth, how many bones a baby have?
26. How many molecules of oxygen does ozone have?
27. What is Anthropology the study of?
28. Which flower can help in cleaning the radioactive waste?
29. The animal which only eats grasses and plants are?
General Trivia Questions about Music
The music general knowledge quiz below will put your knowledge of songs and musicians from various genres to the test.
1. What was the name of the group Justin Timberlake used to be part of?
Answer: N’ SYNC.
2. Who is the first singer in the world?
Answer: Enrico Curaso.
3. Where was the singer Adele born?
Answer: London, England.
4. What was the name of the rock band formed by Jimmy Page?
Answer: Led Zeppelin.
5. Who sang the famous (My heart will go on)?
Answer: Celine Dion.
6. What is the full name of the rapper ‘Puff Daddy’?
Answer: Sean John Combs.
7. Which country did AC/DC originate in?
8. What’s the shortest song ever?
Answer: Napalm Death’s you Suffer.
9. Comedian Jack Black is also a singer for which band?
A: Tenacious D.
10. What genre of music did Taylor Swift start in?
11. How many black keys a modern piano has?
12. Who was the lead singer of the iconic ‘80s band, Culture Club?
Answer: Boy George.
13. Who developed the electric guitar?
Answer: Les Paul.
14. Which name is rapper Sean Combs better known by?
Answer: P. Diddy.
15. Name the first rock and roll musical band?
Answer: Dixieland Jazz Band.
16. Which musician sang the National Anthem during the 2010 Super Bowl?
Answer: Christina Aguilera.
17. Which musical legend is Jay-Z married to?
18. Who was the oldest Beatle?
Answer: Richard Starkey.
19. How many Grammys does John Legend have?
20. Name the ever first heavy metal band.
21. Which British girl group had a member by the name of Mel B?
Answer: Spice Girls.
22. ‘1989’ is an album title for which pop singer?
Answer: Taylor Swift.
23. Who was Elton John’s longtime lyricist?
Answer: Bernie Taupin.
24. Which Backstreet Boys are first cousins?
Answer: Kevin Richardson and Brian Littrell.
25. Lizzo plays what instrument?
26. Which member of The Runaways competed on Jeopardy!?
Answer: Jackie Fox.
27. Islands in the Stream” was originally written for what artist?
Answer: Marvin Gaye.
28. What rockstar’s memoir is titled The Heroin Diaries?
Answer: Nikki Sixx.
29. Taylor Swift named her debut country single after which singer?
Answer: Tim McGraw.
30. Who produced Michael Jackson‘s Bad?
Answer: Quincy Jones.
General Trivia Questions for Kids
There’s no better way to spend a day with kids and playing an easy general knowledge quiz and putting their trivia knowledge to the test.
1. How many legs does a spider have?
2. What type of creature is Ariel in the Disney movie?
Answer: A mermaid.
3. What is the name of the toy cowboy in Toy Story?
4. Which is the first planet?
5. What is the color of an emerald?
6. What is the highest mountain on Earth?
Answer: Mount Everest.
7. What is something you hit with a hammer?
Answer: A nail.
8. What is the name of the princess in ‘Sleeping Beauty’?
9. What’s the name of a place you go to see lots of animals?
Answer: The zoo.
10. In which language does ‘Bonjour’ mean hello?
11. Whose nose grew longer every time he lied?
12. What are the four last teeth to grow called?
Answer: Wisdom teeth.
13. What is the name of the fairy in Peter Pan?
Answer: Tinker bell.
14. Which sprouts are named after the Belgian capital?
Answer: Brussels sprouts.
15. If you freeze water, what do you get?
16. Which country was Cleopatra the ruler of?
17. What colors are the stars on the American flag?
18. When is Bonfire night in the UK?
Answer: November 5th.
19. In the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill, what do Jack and Jill go up the hill to fetch?
Answer: A pail of water.
20. Which three colours are on the flag of Italy?
Answer: Green, white and red.
21. Where does the President of the United States live while in office?
Answer: The White House.
22 What is the largest contingent on Earth?
23. How many planets are in our solar system?
24. Which ocean is off the California coast?
Answer: The Pacific.
25. What fruit do kids traditionally give to teachers?
Answer: An apple.
26. What’s the response to “see you later, alligator?”
Answer: In a while, crocodile.
27. Which Disney movie is Elsa in?
29. How many deserts does Africa have?
Answer: Sahara, Klahanie and Namib.
30. What do you call a chain of mountains?
Answer: A range.
Let’s face it: everyone enjoys a good trivia game!
A trivia quiz, no matter the occasion, is a fun way to engage and motivate your audience.
However, coming up with engaging questions for your trivia might be tricky at times.
This is where the questions that we designed for you will be a big help to you.
Isn’t that what you wanted?
Now do you mind sharing with us how many of these general trivia questions you answered correctly?