We welcome you to some exciting trivia questions for kids, spanning from animals to science to space to geography and about anything else you can think of.
Do you know trivia is not only a fun way to test your kids’ knowledge; it is also an excellent way to learn.
Playing trivia, whether you know the answer or not, will eventually lead to you studying geography, history, and much more.
Isn’t that exciting?
Let’s put your kids’ general knowledge to the test and see if you can answer them correctly.
Let’s dig in!
Easy Trivia Questions for Kids
Trivia questions for kids are an excellent approach to boost their confidence and knowledge. So, why not host a kid’s quiz night with this list of trivia questions for kids and have a fantastic time?
1. What is the capital of the USA?
Answer: Washington D.C.
2. Who painted Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci.
3. How much does a liter of water weight?
4. What is the hardest natural substance in the world?
5. What is the color of Topaz stone?
6. In Flintstones, what was the pet dinosaur called?
7.What is the capital city of Australia?
8. What is a portrait a picture of?
Answer: A person.
9. What do you get if you freeze water?
10. How many colours are there in a rainbow?
11. In England, where would you find The Shard?
12. What is a landscape a picture of?
Answer: Nature or man-made settings.
13. Can you name the Disney movie in which Elsa is there?
14. Name the smallest country.
Answer: Vatican City.
15. What is the name of the biggest ocean on Earth?
16. How many cents are in a quarter?
17. What color are school buses?
Answer: Yellow color.
18. Name the primary colors.
Answers: Red, Yellow and Blue.
19. In what state is the Grand Canyon located?
20.In which capital city of Europe would you find the Eiffel Tower?
21. What type of animal is Brontosaurus?
Answer: A dinosaur.
22. Who is the daughter of Simba in Lion King?
23. How many sides does an Octagon have?
Answer: 8 sides.
24. Caterpillars turn into what?
25. What is the name of Tintin’s pet dog?
26. Who comes on a Christmas night to give gifts?
Answer: Santa Claus.
27. Where is Hollywood located?
28. Name the baby of a cow?
29. What does the NFL stand for?
Answer: National Football League.
Hard Trivia Questions for Kids
Trivia is more than just a fun way to kill time; it’s a genuinely fascinating way to discover a variety of weird and unique facts. Here are some kids trivia questions to test their knowledge.
1. How many bones is a human baby born with?
2. What nationality was Chopin?
3. Can you say the previous name of the Amazon website?
4. Who is the king of Greek gods?
5. How many eyes do caterpillars have?
Answer: They have 12 eyes.
6. Which group of parrots cannot fly?
7. Which is the world’s loudest animal?
Answer: Sperm whale with its calls in the order of 230 db.
8. Name the top three causes of death in the U.S?
Answer: Heart disease, Cancer, Stroke.
9. How many brains do Octopuses have?
Answer: 9 brains.
10. Name the heaviest non-metal in the world/
11. What is the national language of China?
12. What’s the best known artificial international language?
13. What is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City, Italy.
14. Which is the heaviest flying bird on Earth?
Answer: The great bustard.
15. What is Japan’s currency called?
16. What is a Granny Smith?
Answer: A type of an apple.
17. What is the hardest bone in your body?
Answer: Your femur or thigh bone (it is also the longest).
18. Name the only wingless bird ever existed on this planet?
19. What was the first toy to be advertised on television?
Answer: Mr. Potato Head by Hasbro in 1952.
20. Where was Christopher Columbus born?
21. Where is the world’s highest waterfall?
Answer: Angel Falls, in Venezuela.
22. Which bird does not have legs?
23. Which is the world’s oldest chocolate bar?
Answer: Fry’s Chocolate Cream, which was first sold in 1866.
24. When did the First World War start?
25. What is the loudest animal on Earth?
Answer: Sperm whale.
26. What is the other name for windpipe?
27. How many feet make a yard?
Answer: 3 feet.
Fun Trivia Questions for Kids
Looking to have a good time with your kids? Here are some entertaining quiz questions for kids to spice up your evening.
1. What was the name of Aladdin’s monkey from the movie ‘Aladdin’?
2. What does the white dove symbolize?
3. Are clouds heavy or light?
Answer: Heavy. The average cloud weighs an average of 1.1 million pounds.
4. Name the longest river in the World?
5. In which city was the Titanic launched?
6. What animal has gotten a bad rap for being associated with vampires?
7. What is a young sheep called?
8. What is the most widely spoken language in Brazil?
9. Can an owl turn its head all the way around?
10. Who is Shrek’s wife?
11. To write on a blackboard, what do we use?
12. How many milligrams make a gram?
13. How many Harry Potter movies are there?
Answer: 8 movies.
14. A Labrador is a type of what?
Answer: A dog breed.
15. What are the names of the teenage mutant ninja turtles?
Answer: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo.
16. Who is the world’s fastest land animal?
17. Can you name a bird which cannot fly?
18. Which bird has the largest wingspan?
19. Which type of animals only eat plants?
20. What is the first letter of the Greek alphabet?
21. Who is the author of the popular Dogman series?
Answer: Dav Pilkey.
22. Who is the world’s largest land animal?
23. What do bees make?
24. Name the bird which represents freedom?
Answer: The Bald Eagle.
25. From which language did the word “Ketchup” come?
26. Can you name the cowboy in Toy Story?
Answer: Sheriff Woody.
27. For how many hours a day does a koala sleep?
Answer: 18 – 22 hours.
Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
Animals captivate and thrill children, therefore no trivia question collection would be complete without anything about their favorite beasts. Here are some kids quiz questions about animals.
1. An octopus has how many hearts?
Answer: 3 hearts.
2. What is a group of lions called?
Answer: A pride.
3. Which animal can learn to mimic human language?
4. What is a young cat called?
Answer: A Kitten.
5. Which is the fastest land animal?
Answer: The cheetah.
6. How do snakes smell?
Answer: Through their tongue.
7. On the farm, what is a kid?
Answer: A baby goat.
8. Name the mammal that can fly.
9. Name an animal which never sleeps?
Answer: A bullfrog.
10. What is the largest animal in the world?
Answer: A blue whale.
11. Which land animal can open its mouth widest?
12. Name the tallest animal in the world?
Answer: A giraffe.
13. What is an animal called that eats both meat and plants?
14. What is an animal that eats both plants and animals, called?
15. For how many years can a snail sleep?
Answer: 3 years.
16. What do you call animals that are active at night and sleep during the day?
17. Which class of animals can live both on land and in water?
18. Which is the smallest mammal in the world?
Answer: Kitti’s hog-nosed bat.
19. How many wings does a bee have?
Answer: 4 wings total, two sets.
20. Which is the most dangerous bird in the world?
21. Name the smallest reptile in the world?
Answer: A leaf chameleon.
22. How many bones does a shark have?
23. Which is the most venomous snake in the world?
Answer: Western Taiwan.
24. Name the only bird which eats bones?
Answer: A bearded vulture.
25. What is a baby rabbit called?
Answer: A kit.
26. What do you call animals without backbones?
27. A lobster has how many legs?
Answer: Ten legs.
28. What is the world’s tallest land animal?
Answer: A male giraffe.
29. Which organ do fishes use to breathe?
30. Which is the largest living bird which has the largest wingspan?
Answer: Wandering Albatross.
31. What’s another name for an adult male gorilla?
Science Trivia Questions for Kids
This round of our amusing general knowledge questions for kids tests your knowledge of science. Let’s get going, shall we?
1. For how long can a human red blood cell survive?
Answer: 120 days.
2. Which metal is heavier – silver or gold?
3. What two parts of your body never stop growing?
Answer: Your nose and ears.
4. Which is the tallest grass?
5. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Answer: Tooth Decay.
6. From which plant do we get refined sugar?
7. What is the hardest substance in the human body?
Answer: Tooth enamel.
8. Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell.
9. How much salt does the average human body contain?
Answer: Around 250 grams.
10. What is the only fruit that has seeds growing on the outside?
11. Name the hardest material found on the earth?
12. How much does an adult brain weigh?
Answer: 3 pounds.
13. Which part of the brain is responsible for hearing and speech/
Answer: temporal lobe.
14. What is the rhino’s horn made of?
15. Name an insectivorous plant?
Answer: Venus flytrap.
16. Which is the rarest blood type in humans?
Answer: AB negative.
17. Where do you get the most active volcanoes in the world?
18. What’s the lifespan of a human red blood cell?
Answer: Around 120 days.
19. Which part of the body gets affected by Bright’s disease?
20. What is the longest type of cell in the body?
Answer: The nerve cell (neuron).
21. What is Aurora Borealis commonly known as?
Answer: Northern Lights.
22. Which vitamin do we get from the sun?
Answer: vitamin D.
23. Where would you find your pinna?
Answer: It’s your outer ear (the bit you see made out of cartilage).
24. What quality of an object allows it to float on water?
25. What two elements make up water?
Answer: Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
26. Name the two main components of bronze?
Answer: copper and tin.
27. Name the gas that helps all living beings to breathe?
Space Trivia Questions for Kids
These space-related kids’ trivia questions will put your knowledge of planets and stars to the test.
1. How many stars are there in the Milky Way galaxy?
Answer: 100 thousand million.
2. Which planet spins the fastest in the Solar System?
3. What is the speed of light?
Answer: 186000 miles per second.
4. Which planet is also known as the ‘Red Planet’?
5. What is our galaxy’s biggest star?
Answer: UY Scuti.
6. On which planet does sunset appear blue?
7. What is the total number of galaxies?
Answer: 200 billion to two trillion galaxies.
8. Between which planets is the asteroid belt located?
Answer: Between Mars and Jupiter.
9. In the Milky Way galaxy, how many planets are there?
Answer: 100 billion planets.
10. Which planet has the Great Red Spot?
11. How many moons does Mars have?
Answer: Two – Phobos and Deimos.
12. In the Andromeda Galaxy, how many stars are there?
Answer: One trillion stars.
13. What are comets mostly made of?
Answer: Ice and Dust.
14. What is an emission nebula?
Answer: Emission nebulae are clouds of ionized gas that as the name says, emit their own light at optical wavelength.
15. Which is the largest terrestrial planet in the solar system?
16. What is the approximate number of comets in our galaxy?
Answer: One trillion comets.
17. What is the name of the first satellite sent into space?
Answer: Sputnik 1.
18. What is the location of the world’s largest telescope?
Answer: Gran Telescopic Canarias in La Palma, Canary Islands.
19. Io is a moon of which planet?
20. What is the Earth’s size in miles?
Answer: 24,901 miles.
21. What is the name of Saturn’s largest moon?
22. Which planet is sometimes called Earth’s Evil Twin?
23. What is the distance between Mercury and Venus in miles?
Answer: 31.1 million miles.
24. Which planet is famous for its beautiful rings?
25. What is the time it takes for the Earth to complete one orbit?
Answer: 365 days.
26. Name the biggest gas giant in the Solar System.
27. What are Saturn’s rings mostly made of?
Answer: Ice, Rock and Dust.
Sports Trivia Questions for Kids
Sports are important to kids because they show what the human body is capable of when it is taught. Our sports trivia ranges from sports trophies to the dimensions of sports equipment, and everything in between.
1. Michael Jordan was a player of which sport?
2. Where was the first Olympic Games held?
3. Do you know which color the original basketball was?
4. What is a perfect score in the game of bowling?
5. In which year did football players start wearing helmets?
6. In sports, what is an MVP?
Answer: Most Valuable Player.
7. What is the stipulated minimum time for a soccer game?
Answer: 90 minutes.
8. Take Me Out to the Ball Game” is sung at what sporting event?
Answer: A baseball game.
9. The term ‘Soccer’ originated from which country?
10. Olympic gold medals are mostly made of what?
Answer: Sterling Silver.
11. In the winter Olympics, how many sports are played?
Answer: 15 sports.
12. What is the purpose of the “dimples” in golf balls?
Answer: To help the ball travel farther in the air.
13. In basketball, how is a goal scored?
Answer: When a team shoots the ball into the basket.
14. What is it called when you get three consecutive strikes in bowling?
Answer: A turkey.
15. When was the National Baseball Hall of Fame created?
16. In a baseball field, how many bases are there?
Answer: 4 bases.
17. Which year did the Super Bowl start?
18. Which shape is a football?
19. What is the diameter of a professional NBA basketball?
Answer: 29.5 inches.
20. In which sport can you score a ‘birdy’?
21. Who is considered the greatest sprinter of all time?
Answer: Usain Bolt.
22. Number of clubs golfers can have in their bags?
23. Which sport holds the FIFA World Cup?
24. Name the circle board that darts are thrown at?
25. How many points stand for slam-dunk in basketball?
Answer: Two points.
26. Which type of sport can be played in sand?
27. Who has the most Olympic gold medals?
Answer: American swimmer Michael Phelps with a total of 28 medals.
28. How many periods are there in a single game of Ice hockey?
Answer: 3 periods.
29. What is the highest score in bowling?
Answer: 300 – Also called the perfect score.
History Trivia Questions for Kids
This category comprises history quiz questions for kids that can only be answered by the smartest young historians. In the comments box, let us know how many questions your kid was able to answer.
1. Which Portuguese sailor founded the sea route to India?
Answer: Vasco Da Gama.
2. Where was the first Atomic bomb dropped?
Answer: Hiroshima, Japan.
3. Who was the first American president?
Answer: George Washington.
4. In which year did the American Civil War end?
5. Who is the author of the famous play ‘Hamlet’?
Answer: William Shakespeare.
6. Who was the first man to step on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong.
7. Which was the most deadly battle in American history?
Answer: The Battle of Antietam.
8. Who was the first female Hispanic astronaut?
Answer: Ellen Ochoa.
9. Nobel peace prize is named after?
Answer: Alfred Nobel.
10. Name the inventor of baseball?
Answer: Abner Doubleday.
11. Who is also known as the ‘Lady with the Lamp”?
Answers: Florence Nightingale.
12. Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
13. Who is known as the father of history?
14. Who was the first Roman emperor?
Answer: Caesar Augustus.
15. Who is the inventor of the first car?
Answer: Karl Benz.
16. Where did the ancient Olympic Games originate?
17. Who was the first king of England?
18. How long did it take to build the Taj Mahal
Answer: Approximately 22 years.
19. What are the Wright brothers famous for?
Answer: Inventing the airplane.
20. Name the 4 great inventions of China?
Answer: Papermaking, gunpowder, compass, and printing.
21. Where did the Industrial Revolution begin?
22. The Great Fire of London had begun in which place?
Answer: In King’s bakery near London Bridge.
23. Which ancient civilization invented the wheel?
24. Which color did the ‘North’ wear?
Answer: Navy Blue.
25. What is the name of the first atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan?
Answer: Little Boy.
26. Who made the first trip around the world by a voyage?
Answer: Ferdinand Magellan.
27. Where would you find the world-famous Coliseums?
Geography Trivia Questions for Kids
Do you remember Australia’s capital or the largest state in the United States? Yes? No? Try to solve these geography quiz questions with your kid without using a map!
1. What is the longest mountain range in the world?
Answer: The Andes in South America.
2. How many continents are there?
3. Where is the coldest place on Earth?
4. Which desert covers much of northern Africa?
Answer: The Sahara.
5. What is the largest continent?
6. How many states are there in the United States?
7. What is the smallest state in America?
Answer: Rhode Island.
8. What is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest.
9. What is the most visited National Park in the United States?
Answer: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee & North Carolina.
10. Which Italian city is famous for its canals?
11. What is the world’s largest ocean?
Answer: Pacific Ocean.
12. In which U.S. city would you find Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx?
Answer: New York City.
13. In which country would you find the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
14. What are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
Answer: Canada and Mexico.
15. Which country is home to more lakes than anywhere else in the world?
16. What is the capital city of Spain?
17. Where is more than 20% of the world’s oxygen supply produced?
Answer: The Amazon Rainforest.
18. In what country would you find the Eiffel Tower?
19. Which is the largest country in the world?
20. What is the largest sea in the world?
Answer: The Caspian Sea.
21. Who was the first geographer?
22. Which ocean lies between Africa, Australia and south of Asia?
Answer: The Indian Ocean.
23. What are the names of the five oceans?
Answer: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic and Southern.
24. Which large river flows through London?
Answer: The Thames.
26. What is the capital city of India?
Answer: New Delhi.
27. What’s the world’s biggest port?
Answer: Port of Shanghai.
Disney Trivia Questions for Kids
Disney is popular with both children and adults. So we’ve produced a list of Disney quiz questions for kids, including Pixar and the Star Wars franchise that they’ll like.
1. Question: What year did Disneyland open?
2. Who was the first Disney princess?
Answer: Snow White.
3. In Aladin, Rajah is the pet Tiger of whom?
4. What is the name of Wendy’s dog in Peter Pan?
5. What kind of animal is Abu in Aladdin?
Answer: A monkey.
6. In the Lion King, what was portrayed as a villain?
7. Who trained Hercules to be a hero?
Answer: Philoctetes (Phil).
8. What is the name of the toy store in Toy Story 2?
Answer: Al’s Toy Barn.
9. What type of fish is Nemo?
Answer: A clownfish.
10. Andy did not have a dad in which Disney movie?
Answer: Toy story.
11. Which Full House character voices Aladdin?
12. Which Disney princess is inspired by a real person?
13. What is the name of Andy’s neighbor in Toy Story?
14. Prince charming is a famous character of which Disney movie?
15. What land is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad located in?
Answer: Frontier land.
16. “Just Keep swimming” is a mantra said by which Disney character?
Answer: Dory in Finding Nemo.
17. What are the names of Cinderella’s stepsisters?
Answer: Anastasia and Drizella.
18. In the Lion King, Musafa and his family lived at which place?
Answer: Pride Rock.
19. What is the name of Ariel and Prince Eric’s daughter?
Answer: Princess Melody.
20. What type of flower has magical powers in Beauty & the Beast?
Answer: A rose.
21. Which Disney Princess sings “Once upon a Dream”?
Answer: Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).
22. Asante Sana Squash Banana is the song of which Disney movie?
Answer: The Lion King.
23. What are the names of Hades minions in Hercules?
Answer: Pain and Panic.
24. What are the names of the sisters in Frozen?
Answer: Anna and Elsa.
25. What does “Hakuna Matata” mean?
Answer: No worries.
26. What is the name of Christoff’s beloved reindeer?
27. What is the name of the castle in Shanghai Disneyland Park?
Answer: The Enchanted Storybook Castle.
28. In the movie Moana, what did Moana set out to do?
Answer: Restore the heart to Te Fiti.
29. What are the names of the seven dwarfs in Snow White?
Answer: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey.
30. Buzz Light year is from what movie?
Answer: Toy Story.
31. The sorcerer’s name in Fantasia spells what backwards?
32. What is Rapunzel’s chameleon’s name in Tangled?
33. What was the name of Walt Disney’s first cartoon character?
Answer: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
34. Which city does Tiana live in in the movie The Princess and the Frog?
Answer: New Orleans.
Kids love trivia nights.
Parents may plan engaging quiz questions and answers for kids to help them learn something new.
What’s the point of it all? You must be thinking to yourself!
So, my friend! It will assist students in gaining in-depth information on a variety of issues.
Also, keep in mind! Not only are these trivia questions for youngsters interesting, but they also improve confidence.
There are several types of amusing trivia questions for kids, each with an answer: As a result, you may utilize any of them.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. We would certainly want to hear from you.