This is the geography quiz questions you were looking for! Geography is a fascinating subject that includes topics such as the globe Atlas, the planet Earth, the study of regions, characteristics, and inhabitants, nature, ecology, climatology and meteorology, and much more.
Because geography is so extensive, selecting a few geography quiz questions on the subject might be difficult.
Knowing where something is on a map is only part of geography. It is the study of the cosmos and how it interacts with humans.
This geography trivia questions tests your knowledge of the percentages of saltwater and freshwater on the planet, the name of the ice-liquid-formed lake, river functions, and what the term rise implies. This is an exceptional quiz to be played and asked.
Table of Contents
Best Geography Quiz Questions
In this category we have enlisted some of the best geography quiz questions and answers. This geography trivia questions is one of the finest collection of questions on Terrestrial and Geographical sciences.
You might also like: Family Quiz Questions
Here we have arranged for you the basic and random geography quiz questions and answers. This geography trivia contains the simplest and easiest questions on Geography to let anyone answer, spontaneously.
1. What is the name of the smallest US state?
Answer: Rhode Island.
2. Pierre is the capital of what US state?
Answer: South Dakota.
3. How many stars are on the Australian flag?
4. What city is known as the Glass Capital of the World?
5. In what ocean is the Bermuda Triangle located?
Answer: Atlantic Ocean.
6. What country is known to have the best quality tap water?
7. Which continent is Cambodia located in?
8. What is the name of the largest airport in the United States of America?
Answer: Denver International Airport.
9. What country formerly ruled Iceland?
10. In which European city was the first organized marathon held?
11. Peking Duck is the national dish of what country?
12. What is the name of the driest continent on Earth?
13. What season does Australia experience in December?
14. What is the name of the only tropical rainforest in the United States?
Answer: Puerto Rico’s El Yunque National Forest.
15. What country first used tinsel as a holiday tree decoration?
16. What is the capital of Nova Scotia?
17. What type of leaf is on the Canadian flag?
18. What Cape sits at the tip of Africa?
Answer: Cape of Good Hope.
19. What is the name of the second tallest mountain in the world?
20. What is the name of the largest city in Australia?
21. What two countries border directly north of Hungary?
Answer: Slovakia and Ukraine.
22. What country does the Rhine River run through?
23. What is the name of the tallest mountain in Canada?
Answer: Mount Logan.
24. How many time zones does Russia have?
25. What is the capital of Senegal?
26. How many countries are there in the United Kingdom?
27. Where are the Spanish Steps located?
Answer: Rome, Italy.
28. What country lies above Mexico?
Answer: The United States of America.
29. What is the official currency of the United Kingdom?
Answer: Pound sterling.
30. What are the names of the seven continents of the world?
Answer: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Australia.
31. Which country is also called The Netherlands?
32. What is the name of the river that flows through the Brazil rainforest?
Answer: The Amazon.
33. What are the names of the five oceans of the world?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and the Antarctic.
34. How many States does the United States consist of?
35. What is the name of the longest river in Africa?
Answer: The Nile River.
36. What is the capital of the American State of California?
37. What is the name of the smallest country in the world?
Answer: The Vatican City.
38. What is the capital of Thailand?
39. What country are the Great Pyramids of Giza located in?
40. What present-day Italian city does Mt. Vesuvius overlook?
41. What U.S. state is home to no documented poisonous snakes?
42. What is the name of the largest country in the world?
43. Where is the Eiffel Tower located?
Answer: Paris, France.
You might also like: Science Trivia Questions
Fun Geography Quiz Questions
In this section we have assembled some really great and fun geography quiz questions and answers. This trivia is not just informative but too hilarious to answer. This can be played with any age group and would be fun to ask.
1. Which country has the largest population in the world?
2. What is the name of the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest.
3. How many states does the Mississippi River run through?
4. What was the original capital of the U.S.?
Answer: New York City.
5. What is the largest U.S. state by area?
6. In which U.S. state can the world’s tallest trees be found?
7. How many large islands make up Hawaii?
8. What is the state capital of New York?
9. Can you name three U.S. states that have a coastline on the Gulf of Mexico?
Answer: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.
9. Which is the only state with a one-syllable name?
10. What is the least populated U.S. state?
11. After Alaska, which U.S. state has the longest coastline?
12. What is the capital city of New Zealand?
13. What is the capital city of Togo?
14. What is the capital city of Cambodia?
Answer: Phnom Penh.
15. What is the capital city of Uzbekistan?
16. What is the capital city of Sweden?
17. What is the capital city of South Korea?
18. What is the capital city of Argentina?
Answer: Buenos Aires.
19. What is the capital city of the Bahamas?
20. What is the capital city of Egypt?
21. What is the capital city of Australia?
22. What is the capital city of Spain?
23. What is the name of the only sea that doesn’t have a coastline?
Answer: Sargasso Sea.
24. Where is the world’s largest desert located?
25. Which lake has a famous mythical creature named after it?
Answer: Loch Ness.
26. What is the highest man-made structure ever built?
Answer: Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
27. In which U.S. state is Niagara Falls located?
Answer: New York.
28. What country is home to Mount Everest?
29. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Answer: Colorado River.
30. Can you name the Earth’s five oceans?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern.
31. What is the name of the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world?
Answer: Angel Falls.
32. What is the official currency of India?
Answer: Indian rupee.
33. Can you name a four-letter country in Africa?
Answer: Chad, Mali, or Togo.
34. What is the name of the great park in New York City?
Answer: Central Park.
35. Which continent is in all four hemispheres?
36. Which is the largest lake in the world?
Answer: Caspian Sea.
37. What are the names of South Africa’s three capital cities?
Answer: Cape Town, Pretoria, and Bloemfontein.
38. Mount Everest lies in which mountain range?
Answer: The Himalayas.
39. In which country would you find the city of Dresden?
40. Ninety percent of the Earth’s population lives in which hemisphere?
Answer: The Northern Hemisphere.
41. What do the letters ‘D’ and ‘C’ stand for in the capital city Washington D.C.?
Answer: District of Columbia.
42. Kabul is the capital city of which country?
43. Which is the longest river in Africa?
44. On which island is the Statue of Liberty located?
Answer: Liberty Island.
You might also like: Easy Trivia Questions
Good Geography Quiz Questions
Here we have got you some of the good geography quiz questions answers. This geography quiz with answers has really wondrous and amazing questions on Geography and can be really informative as well.
1. What is the capital of Morocco?
2. Which country is the second biggest in the world?
3. Madagascar is surrounded by which ocean?
Answer: Indian Ocean.
4. What is the capital of Mexico?
Answer: Mexico City.
5. What is the capital city of Canada?
6. What is the capital of England?
7. In which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge located?
Answer: San Francisco.
8. Luxembourg City is the capital of which country?
9. How many bridges are there in Venice, Italy?
10. Which large river flows through London?
11. Where place receives the world’s highest annual average rainfall?
12. What is a nickname for New York City?
Answer: The Big Apple.
13. Istanbul is a large city in which country?
14. Dublin is the largest city in which country?
15. Where is the biggest railway station in the world?
Answer: New York City (Grand Central Terminal).
16. Which two continents does Russia belong to?
Answer: Europe and Asia.
17. What is the main tributary of the Ganges River in India?
18. What are the names of the five oceans?
Answer: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic and Southern
19. What is the largest country in Scandinavia?
20. In which country does the River Nile meet the sea?
21. Which Italian city is famous for its canals?
22. Which desert covers much of northern Africa?
Answer: The Sahara.
23. Europe and Africa are separated by which sea?
Answer: The Mediterranean.
24. Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata are metropolitan cities in which country?
25. What is the color of the motorways on road maps of the UK?
26. Which ocean lies between Africa and Australia and south of Asia?
Answer: Indian Ocean.
27. What natural wonder of the world is named after aviator Jimmy Angel?
Answer: Angel Falls.
28. Which is the longest river in Ethiopia?
Answer: The Blue Nile.
29. Which American state has the fewest counties?
30. Which countries share the longest border in the world?
Answer: USA and Canada.
31. Which river flows through Glasgow?
32. Which country has four letters, the last one q?
33. Which Irish city is the second largest in the Republic of Ireland?
34. What is the world’s second highest mountain after Everest in Asia?
35. What is the line of latitude that runs around the center of the world called?
Answer: The Equator.
36. In which country are the holy cities of Mecca and Medina located?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
37. Which country is the most populated in Europe?
38. Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Answer: The Mount Lao.
You might also like: Pop Culture Trivia Questions
In this section we have enlisted for you some easy geography trivia questions and answers. This geography general knowledge quiz is too easy to be asked to anyone be it a child, teen or an adult.
1. Which state/territory of Australia is an island?
2. In which national park are Windermere, Coniston Water, and Ullswater found?
Answer: The Lake District.
3. What boat is highly associated with the canals?
4. Which trains travel to Europe from St Pancras Station?
5. In which US city would you find Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx?
Answer: New York.
6. In which country is the Eyjafjallajökull volcano located, whose eruption in 2010 has affected air flights?
7. What letter do cars from Germany have on them when traveling abroad to show what country they come from?
8. Which river rises in Peru, has no bridge crossing it and enters the sea in Brazil?
Answer: The Amazon.
9. Apart from Dutch and French, what is the other official language of Belgium?
10. Which country has Montevideo as its capital city?
11. What is the capital city of Slovenia, formerly part of the state of Yugoslavia?
12. Is Australia in the northern or the southern hemisphere?
13. In which country is the Yellow River, also known as Huang He, located?
14. Which river flows through Paris?
Answer: River Seine.
15. What was the name of the supercontinent of 200 million years ago?
16. What is the only country through which both the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
17. Which country is called the Land of Rising Sun?
18. What is Ben Nevis?
Answer: It’s a Scottish mountain and the tallest in Great Britain.
19. The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales, and which other region?
Answer: Northern Ireland.
20. Which country shares the same peninsula as Spain?
21. What are horizontal and vertical imaginary lines around the earth called?
Answer: Latitudes and Longitudes.
22. Where did people in the mountains of Austria keep their farm animals?
23. In which country would you find the Taj Mahal?
24. How many countries surround the Czech Republic?
Answer: Four — Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria.
25. What is the only country with a coastline on both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
26. Mount Kilimanjaro is located in which continent?
27. Where in the British isles is Lady Isabella, the world’s largest working water wheel?
Answer: Isle of Man.
28. In which country is the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis?
29. Hamilton is the capital of which island in the North Atlantic Ocean?
30. What is Europe’s largest port?
Answer: Port of Rotterdam.
31. Which Asian country is bigger than France, Spain and Germany combined but has a population of little over two million?
32. Which European country shares its border with the most neighbours (nine)?
You might also like: Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Here we have arranged a list of some really hard geography trivia questions and answers. This geography trivia quiz is one heck of hard questions that would boggle their minds and might make their minds run wild.
1. Where does the Indravati flow into?
2. Between which mountain range of the Himalayas the Kashmir valley lies?
Answer: The Zanskars and Pir Panjals.
3. Which of the areas of India does not fall into the area of high seismic activity?
Answer: Karnataka Plateau.
4. In the group of Lakshadweep islands, how many islands are there?
5. What is the first state to experience monsoons?
6. Between India and Sri Lanka, which of the Indian islands is located?
7. The coal reserves of India are primarily located where?
Answer: Damodar valley.
8. Which of the following are the southernmost hills in India?
Answer: Cardamom hills.
9. Nanga Parbat is located in which of the following states?
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir.
10. According to the Indian climate, the western disturbances originate from which sea?
Answer: Arabian Sea.
11. India’s only state with a shared border with Sikkim is?
Answer: West Bengal.
12. The Brahmaputra river passes through which Indian state except for Assam?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh.
13. The earthquake zoning map of India divides India into how many seismic zones?
14. What is the lowest point in India?
15. What is the longest US coastline after Alaska?
16. What day is celebrated as World Earth Day?
Answer: April 22.
17. In what place on Earth can you live the happiest?
18. Approximately what proportion of Earth’s surface is covered by water compared to land?
19. What major ocean surrounds the continent of Africa?
Answer: The South Atlantic Ocean and the Indian Ocean.
20. Singapore uses what currency?
Answer: Singapore Dollar.
21. What is the country where the Nile meets the sea?
22. Are there any countries that share open borders?
Answer: New Zealand and Australia.
23. In terms of length, what is the longest country in the world?
Answer: Chile (It is 2,647 miles long and spreads through 38 degrees of latitude).
24. Which country has the longest sea-crossing?
Answer: Hong Kong to Macau in China (55km).
25. Among all the countries, which has the most borders?
26. Which African nation has Addis Ababa as its capital city?
27. Which ocean separates Africa from Australia and Asia from the south?
Answer: Indian Ocean.
28. Can you find and name all seven African countries that start with the letter M?
Answer: Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania,
Tricky Geography Quiz Questions
In this category we tried to compile some tricky geography quiz questions and answers. This trivia has the most hard and tricky questions on the subject of Geography to be asked and played.
1. Which country is the smallest in the Western Hemisphere?
Answer: Saint Kitts and Nevis.
2. What is the largest country (by area) in the world that has a land border on only one other country?
3. Which of these countries has no disputed or undefined borders?
Answer: San Marino.
4. A physical geography question: which of these countries is not considered to be ‘elongated’?
5. Which of the following three-letter combinations begins the name of the most countries?
6. In which mountains would you find Camp David?
7. Which state is bordered by Arkansas to the South and Iowa to the North?
8. Where in Florida is the Southernmost Point buoy located, denoting the lowest latitude land in continental USA?
Answer: Key West.
9. Which city is located where the Mississippi meets the Missouri?
Answer: St Louis.
10. What stretches 3,000 miles from British Columbia in Canada to New Mexico?
Answer: The Rocky Mountains.
Funny Geography Quiz Questions
Here in this section, we have assembled few funny geography quiz questions and answers. This trivia has the most funny and hilarious questions ever asked on the subject Geography. Get it done this way.
1. In what country would you find Lake Bled?
2. Which Central American country has a name which translates to English as “The Saviour”?
Answer: El Salvador.
3. What country has the most natural lakes?
4. Havana is the capital of what country?
5. Which country borders 14 nations and crosses 8 time zones?
6. The ancient Phoenician city of Constantine is located in what modern-day Arab country?
7. What’s the city with the most diversity in terms of language?
Answer: New York City.
8. What country touches the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea, and the Bay of Bengal?
9. What’s the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City (Fun fact. It’s less than two-tenths of a square mile!).
10. What is Earth’s largest continent?
Interesting Geography Quiz Questions
In this category we have enlisted some really interesting geography quiz questions and answers. This trivia has the most captivating and intriguing questions on Geography ever asked. Begin the craze.
1. What is the name of the biggest ocean on Earth?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean.
2. Which planet is nearest to the Earth?
3. Which is colder: The North Pole or the South Pole?
Answer: The South Pole.
4. Where are the Andes mountains located?
Answer: South America.
5. What is the capital city of India?
Answer: New Delhi.
6. What do you call a chain of mountains?
Answer: A range.
7. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
8. What is the capital of Uruguay?
US Geography Quiz Questions
Here we have arranged a list of US geography trivia questions and answers. These questions are about the geography and natural features of United States of America. Let the American in you get tested!
1. Which animal is featured on the state flag of California?
2. Which popular tourist attraction is Arizona known for?
Answer: The Grand Canyon.
3. What is the deepest lake in the United States?
Answer: Crater Lake in Oregon.
4. Which two states share borders with eight other states each?
Answer: Missouri and Tennessee.
5. What’s the easternmost state in the US?
6. What is the westernmost state capital in the mainland United States?
Answer: Salem in Oregon.
7. Which state has the highest population density (people per square mile)?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
8. What state is the Statue of Liberty in?
Answer: New Jersey.
9. What is the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mauna Kea in Hawaii.
World Geography Quiz Questions
Here we have tried our best to assemble a list of world geography quiz questions and answers. These questions would surely be a test to their knowledge about the geography of the world.
1. Ceylon is the former name of which country?
Answer: Sri Lanka.
2. In which part of the river does the water flows the fastest?
Answer: Upper course.
3. Which is the coldest place on Earth?
4. Which continent is known as Dark Continent?
5. What is the name of the supercontinent that existed 200 million years ago?
6. Which is the largest lake in north America?
Answer: Lake Superior.
7. What do you call land with water on 3 sides?
8. What do you call when two water streams join?
Geography Quiz Questions for Kids
In this section we have enlisted geography quiz for kids questions and answers. This trivia is solely created for kids and can be answered by them way too effortlessly.
1. On which day of the year is the Sun closest to the Earth?
Answer: January 4th.
2. What is dew point?
Answer: The temperature at which dew begins to evaporate.
3. The ‘Roof’ of the world is referred to which place?
Answer: Pamir knot.
4. Which is the direction at which wind blows?
Answer: Leeward direction.
5. What is the name of the strait that separates the north and south islands of New Zealand?
Answer: Cook strait.
6. What erupts from a volcano?
Answer: Lava, steam, ash, pieces of rock, and gaseous sulfur compounds.
7. What type of deserts are Gobi desert and Atacama desert?
Answer: Rainshadow deserts.
8. How many countries are present in Africa?
Answer: 54 countries.
Geography Quiz Questions for Teens
Here we have assembled a list of geography trivia questions for teens. This trivia can give the teens a hard time testing their middle school knowledge on the subject Geography.
1. Where is the Tower Bridge located?
Answer: London, UK.
2. Where is the Colosseum located?
Answer: Rome, Italy.
3. Names of the world’s five oceans?
Answer: Indian Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Arctic Ocean, Southern Ocean, Atlantic Ocean.
4. Which latitude lies at the centre of the planet?
5. Which is the world’s smallest country?
Answer: Vatican City.
6. Where is the Leaning Tower of Pisa located?
Answer: Pisa, Italy.
Geography Quiz Questions for Adults
How not for adults, we have also compiled a list of geography trivia questions and answers. This trivia is designed for adults. This has vast range of questions from easy to hard and quite funny as well.
1. Which currency is used in Malaysia?
Answer: Malaysian Ringgit.
2. Besides China, which country has the second-highest population in the world?
3. In which country are the most islands found?
Answer: The country with the most islands in the world is Sweden (221,800).
4. The wind speed is measured by which device?
5. What is the number of federal states in Germany?
6. According to legend, the Egyptian Sphinx was based on what animal?
7. In what city does the American state of Arizona have its capital?
8. The biggest desert in the world: Name?
Answer: Sahara Desert.
Geography Quiz Questions and Answers
This category entails geography quiz questions and answers. These questions and answers on geography are too inquisitive and entertains the right information on the subject.
1. What is Turkey’s highest mountain?
Answer: Mount Ararat.
2. What is the largest steel arch bridge in the world?
Answer: Sydney Harbor Bridge.
3. Which island country lies off China, Korea, and Russia?
4. Which state in the US was once called Deseret?
5. Where was the greatest difference between annual high and low temperatures recorded?
6. Which Scottish loch with a length of about 24 miles, is reputed to contain a monster?
Answer: Loch Ness.
7. What country was known as Rhodesia?
8. How many time zones does India span?
9. What are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
Answer: Canada and Mexico.
10. What is the largest of the Channel Islands?
5 Benefits of Playing Geography Quiz Questions Game
Do you recall the capital of Australia or the largest state in the United States? Find out whether you can pass this geography trivia questions test without using a map! You will learn some interesting geography facts no matter how well you do.
Brush up on your knowledge of through geography quiz questions, that includes intriguing facts, kids trivia, and hard trivia if you are seeking for additional geography quiz questions and answers.
Here we have mentioned some benefits of playing geography trivia questions and answers game.
1. This geography quiz questions and answers can help the students revise their already learnt lessons on Geography and natural features of different parts of the world in a most unique and fun way possible. It can also enhance their laidback knowledge on this subject.
2. If you have played all kinds of trivia games then playing this geography trivia would be turn of the tables in a really inquisitive and informative way. Play it out anywhere with anyone you possibly can. You can make it a fun game by adding some really hilarious geography trivia questions to the list, despite adding random, hard and tricky questions.
3. This geography quiz questions and answers can be played with the people of all ages with respect to the amount of knowledge experience they have on the subject Geography. It would be really a fun an informative game to be played.
4. This geography quiz questions and answers game not only tests your knowledge of the subject but also corrects and enhances it exclusively.
You can master your and their knowledge on Geography through this really effective geography quiz questions and answers game.
5. Play this geography quiz questions and answers with your students, your children, teens, kids, adults, basically with people of all age groups and spend a great time together.
Final Thoughts on geography Quiz Questions
Geography quiz questions game is a fun way to put your knowledge to the test. Answering the above geography trivia questions with your pals, must have made you learn about anything from Switzerland’s Alps to the United States’ sole tropical rainforest.
It really would have brushed up on your map abilities, since these geography trivia questions would be needed to recall your high school and college geography lessons.
We divided geography trivia questions into several categories: easy geography trivia, hard geography quiz questions, US geography trivia, world geography trivia etc.
This trivia was the best way to test your knowledge about capitals, continents, oceans, cities, rivers, seas, and more from across the world. Do not worry if you got stuck since we also had got solutions to assist you increase your knowledge and random facts collection.
Even if you do not know the answer, it is entertaining to speculate and perhaps learn something new.
These mentioned geography quiz questions and answers must have enthralled and entertained students and geography enthusiasts of all levels, enhancing their knowledge of the world.