We welcome you to one of the most comprehensive collections of music quiz questions. Music quizzes are usually entertaining, therefore I thought it was only fair to present you with some music quiz questions.
If there is one thing we can all agree on, it is that music is a necessary element of life. Music, whether you’re a jazz enthusiast, a metal-head, a country fan, or a hip-hop fan, unifies, relaxes, and engages us in ways that nothing else can.
What is your favorite song? Hit-makers? Or perhaps a music that you can’t get enough of? How well do you know your favorite musicians and their music? In this post, we will go over some of the finest music trivia questions to help you improve your knowledge of music and the music business, whether you are alone or with others.
These music quiz questions will undoubtedly put your knowledge of rock, pop, indie, and other genres to the test. These music quiz questions will also perplex your friends and perhaps encourage you to make some cool new playlists to share across several genres.
If you’re a music fan, you can find enjoyment in discovering new facts about anything musical. If that’s the case, then this lengthy music quiz questions and answers will help sharpen your intellect and provide you with fresh information about music, musicians, and other music-related topics that you can use to wow your friends and show once and for all that you’re the ultimate musical buff.
Table of Contents
Best Music Quiz Questions of All Time
Do you want to discover what the best-selling music of all time is? Or how about the oldest musical instrument still in use today? And perhaps the genuine names of your favorite musicians? This category has a lot of high-quality music quiz questions. Share these music trivia questions with your music-loving pals as well.
1. Which DJ co-wrote and produced Kelly Rowland’s song ‘Commander’?
Answer: David Guetta
2. What is the name of the Rapper who does a featured guest appearance in Justin Bieber’s “Baby”?
3. Which band, group or artist is credited as the Best-Selling Artists worldwide?
Answer: The Beatles
4. How many instruments could the late Prince (Artist formerly known as Prince)?
5. Which band accused Led Zeppelin of stealing the opening riff of their megahit Stairway To Heaven?
6. What was the original name of the popular Punk-rock band ‘Green Day’?
Answer: Sweet Children
7. What is the name of the band who wrote the song that inspired Lady GaGa’s Stage name?
8. What was Willie Nelson’s job before he became a famous Country & Western singer?
Answer: Bible Salesman
9. Before his illustrious solo career, Peter Gabriel was the lead singer for which band?
10. In which country did Kanye West live when he was ten years old?
11. What is the real name of B-Real, from the rap Super Group Cypress Hill?
Answer: Louis Freese
12. Where were Biggie Smalls’ (Notorious B.I.G.) parents born?
13. Which Korean Artist’s Video became the first to reach one billion views on youtube?
Answer: Psy (Gangnam Style)
14. How many members in the English ska band MADNESS?
Answer: Seven (7)
15. What is the name of the band who released the #1 Selling Album Ever in the USA?
16. Who officially became the Female Artist with the Most Grammy Awards in 2021?
17. Snoop Dogg’s real name is?
Answer: Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
18. What is the name of the band that composed and performed the South Park theme song?
19. Rock group ACDC has had more than one lead singer, who was the first?
Answer: Dave Evans
20. What the name of the white rapper who had a one-hit-wonder in the 1990’s called ‘Informer’?
21. Who won the inaugural Pop Idol contest in 2002?
Answer: Will Young
22. What is the name of Def Leopard’s ‘one-armed’ drummer?
Answer: Richard John Cyril Allen
23. Which Miley Cyrus song mentions Jay-Z and Britney Spears?
Answer: Party In The USA
24. Who is the youngest singer to win four major categories at the Grammy Awards?
Answer: Billie Eilish
25. What is Sir Elton John’s real name?
Answer: Reginal Kenneth Dwight
26. Who is said to have discovered the Violent Femmes, after he saw them busking on the street?
Answer: James Honeyman-Scott of The Pretenders
27. What is the name of the song that Funk-rock band Wild Cherry is best known for?
Answer: Play That Funky Music White Boy
28. The Barenaked Ladies wrote and performed the theme-song for which television series?
Answer: The Big Bang Theory
29. What was the first music video that MTV aired?
Answer: Video killed the Radio Star, by The Buggles
30. What Dutch Dance Duo was behind the 90’s floor-fillers Get Ready For This and No Limit?
Answer: 2 Unlimited
31. Who recorded the first song, ever?
Answer: Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville
32. Who was the first artist to be signed to Virgin Records in 1973?
Answer: Mike Oldfield
33. What musician was the first to have an album released on Compact Disc (CD), in 1982?
Answer: Billy Joel (52nd Street)
34. Who wrote the Austen Powers theme-song, also known as Soul Bossa Nova?
Answer: Quincy Jones
35. Who is considered to be the First Female Rapper or emcee?
Answer: Sha-Rock (Sharon Green)
You might also like: Football Quiz Questions
General Music Quiz Questions
In this category, we are going to share with you a general music quiz. This music general knowledge quiz contains questions from all music genres. This is what makes this quiz quite knowledgeable.
1. Which group had the most viewed videos in 24 hours on Youtube in 2020, with 101,000,000 views?
2. What are the names of the duo known as Daft Punk?
Answer: Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo & Thomas Bangalter
3. Which South African female rapper received global exposure with her song featuring John Cena?
Answer: Sho Madjozi
4. Trent Reznor is the lead vocalist, musician and main songwriter for which Industrial rock band?
Answer: Nine Inch Nails
5. What musical key are the most popular songs written in?
Answer: C Major & G Major
6. What is the name of Jay-Z’s record label?
Answer: Roc Nation
7. Yusuf Islam is better known to the world as Cat Stevens, what name was given to him at birth?
Answer: Steven Demetre Georgiou
8. Which musician became famous for the hit song “I Kissed a Girl”?
Answer: Katy Perry
9. The 2012 global hit song “Call Me Maybe” was sung by a musician from which country?
Answer: Carly Rae, Canadian
10. Which musician has his real name as Peter Gene Hernandez?
Answer: Bruno Mars
11. How many strings are there in a standard Violin?
12. Who composed the US national anthem?
Answer: Francis Scott Key
13. What is the longest song to have ever been recorded in modern history?
Answer: The Rise and Fall of Bossanova
14. What is the shortest song ever recorded in modern history?
Answer: You Suffer
15. Which band had the highest number of members?
16. Which hit song is the Aussie star Gotye best known for?
Answer: Somebody that I used to Know
17. The Swedish House Mafia is a band from Sweden: True or False?
18. Which country has the highest concentration of metal rock bands?
19. What was the Jingle Bells song initially called?
Answer: The One Horse Open Sleigh
20. Which rapper holds the world record for the most words per minute?
Answer: Eminem and Nicki Minaj
21. What is the name of the band founded by Brian Jones?
Answer: Rolling Stones
22. Which female musician’s shaved head photo sold for $500,000 back in 2007?
Answer: Britney Spears
23. Which hip-hop rap star artist has real names as Onika Miraj?
Answer: Nicki Minaj
24. Which musician has had the most number-one hits in The Billboard ranking?
Answer: The Beatles, 20
25. “I am too good to you. I am way too good to you,” are lyrics from a hit song by which hip hop superstar?
26. What is the longest-running song on the Billboard?
Answer: Old Town Road by Billy Ray Cyrus; 17 consecutive weeks.
27. When Mannequin Challenge was trending back in 2016, which song accompanied it?
Answer: Black Beatles song by Rae Sremmurd
28. Which of the Cardi B song has these lyrics, “You in the club just to party. I’m there, I get paid a fee”?
Answer: Bodak Yellow
29. Which musician has most of his songs featured in the X-rated movies like, “The 50 Shades of Grey”?
Answer: The Weeknd
30. How many members make up the megaband BTS?
Answer: Seven Members
31. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is found in which US state?
Answer: Ohio, Cleveland
32. Who is the rapper in Usher’s hit song, “Yeah”?
33. ‘The material girl’ is a name associated with which music superstar?
34. Which musicians have had successful careers in the movie industry?
Answer: Will Smith, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez
35. Which hip-hop musician has her real name as Robyn Fenty?
You might also like: Sports Quiz Questions
Easy Music Quiz Questions
Some people don’t have too much knowledge of music. They either listen to a specific genre or some selected songs. If you are one of those people looking for easy music quiz questions and answers you are in luck. We have rounded up some really easy music trivia questions for you in this section.
1. Who sang the international hit song, Miss Independent?
2. Who did a duet with Ed Sheeran on his hit song, “Perfect Duet”?
3. Cardi B rose to fame back in 2015 when she first appeared on which TV show?
Answer: Love and Hip Hop, New York
4. Which DJ-Musician is known for the most romantic lines at the start of every song he is featured in?
Answer: DJ Khaled
5. Which two musicians won the Nobel Peace Prize?
Answer: Bob Dylan (2016) and Rabindranath Tagore (1913)
6. What is the name of the artist featured in Charlie Puth’s song, “Marvin Gaye”?
Answer: Meghan Trainor
7. Which popular hip hop superstar has a tattoo of Jesus on one of his eyes?
Answer: Lil Wayne
8. Which country does Shakira come from?
9. Who are the founding members of the group Backstreet Boys?
Answer: Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, AJ McLean, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson
10. In which year was the first rap music recorded?
11. One Direction is known for being the runners-up in The X Factor in 2010, but who came first?
Answer: Matt Cardle
12. Which singer has the most UK Number One singles ever?
Answer: Elvis Presley
13. What was Britney Spears’ first single called?
Answer: Baby One More Time
14. Who were the Glastonbury Festival headliners in 2019? (Bonus q: Who
performed in the Legend’s slot?)
Answer: Stormzy, The Killers, The Cure (Bonus: Kylie Minogue)
15. Ringo Starr was not the original drummer for the Beatles – but who was?
Answer: Pete Best
16. What was the name of Madonna’s first studio album, released in 1983?
17. How long did Prince’s Purple Rain album remain in the USA charts?
Answer: 122 weeks
18. Which famous rapper married reality TV star Kim Kardashian in 2014?
Answer: Kanye West
19. Which English Sir has had No. l’s in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s?
Answer: Sir Cliff Richard
20. What singer has had a Billboard No. 1 hit in each of the last four decades?
Answer: Mariah Carey
21. Who was the very first American Idol winner?
Answer: Kelly Clarkson
22. What was Freddie Mercury‘s real name?
Answer: Farrokh Bulsara
23. What pop star wrote songs for Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Alice Cooper?
24. Before Bleachers and fun., Jack Antonoff fronted what band?
Answer: Steel Train
25. What rock icon was the founder of The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-haired Men?
Answer: David Bowie
26. Which artist’s entire 1985 Live Aid set consisted of just a single cover song?
Answer: Elvis Costello
27. Who founded Motown Records?
Answer: Berry Gordy
28. Before Phil Collins, who was the lead singer of Genesis?
Answer: Peter Gabriel
29. What rock star moonlights as a horror movie writer and director?
Answer: Rob Zombie
30. What was Madonna‘s first top 10 hit?
31. What film did The Clash’s Joe Strummer direct starring some of his bandmates?
Answer: Cops and Robbers
32. Eminem‘s 8 Mile is named after a road in which city?
33. What artists made up the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys?
Answer: George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff
34. Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Answer: Aretha Franklin
35. Paul McCartney and John Lennon wrote which Rolling Stones song?
Answer: “I Wanna Be Your Man”
You might also like: Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Funny Music Quiz Questions
Have you been on the lookout for funny music quiz questions? We know that at certain parties or get-togethers a serious music trivia isn’t liked by people. This is why we have created this funny music trivia quiz for you.
1 Who was the original drummer for The Beatles?
Answer: Pete Best
2. Name all five members of One Direction?
Answer: Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik
3. Which singer ‘can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes’?
Answer: Billie Eilish
4. Who had a No.1 hit with “Ice Ice Baby”?
Answer: Vanilla Ice
5. Will.i.am is best known for being part of which hip hop group?
Answer: Black Eyed Peas
6. What is the best-selling single of all-time worldwide?
Answer: White Christmas by Bing Crosby
7. In which video did Michael Jackson first perform his famous moonwalk in 1983?
Answer: Billie Jean
8. At 99 years old, who become the oldest person to top the UK Singles Chart in 2020?
Answer: Captain Sir Thomas Moore
9. Who is the best-selling female artist of all time?
10. ‘Getting to Know You’ is one of the best known songs from which musical?
Answer: The King and I
11. Stormzy collaborated with Burna Boy and which other British musician on ‘Own It’?
Answer: Ed Sheeran
12. With which Cuban-American singer did Shawn Mendes team up with on the track “Señorita”?
Answer: Camila Cabello
13. Guy Berryman, Jon Buckland, Will Champion, Chris Martin are members of which band?
14. ‘Children’ was a 1996 instrumental hit for which DJ?
Answer: Robert Miles
15. Which synth-pop duo reached UK number one with ‘West End Girls’ in 1986?
Answer: Pet Shop Boys
16. In which Mama and Papas song are: “all the leaves are brown and the sky is grey”?
Answer: California Dreamin
17. Which American hip hop duo had a 1986 hit with ‘Push It’?
18. ‘I got sunshine on a cloudy day’ is the opening line to which Temptations song?
Answer: My Girl
19. Björn Again is a tribute band for which world-famous pop group?
20. Which American pop star had back to back 2015 chart success with singles ‘Sorry’ and ‘Love Yourself’?
Answer: Justin Bieber
21. In 2017 Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee topped the chart in 47 countries with which song?
22. In which song did Queen sing: “I’ve fallen in love / I’ve fallen in love for the first time”?
Answer: I Want To Break Free
23. Beyonce rose to stardom as part of which girl band?
Answer: Destiny’s Child
24. Who went solo in 1987 with the song ‘Faith’?
Answer: George Michael
25. In what decade was American jazz trumpeter Miles Davis born?
26. Which Drake song broke records in 2016?
Answer: One Dance
27. Which band had hits with ‘Atomic’ and ‘Call Me’?
28. Who sang with the Wailers?
Answer: Bob Marley
29. In which song did Elvis Presley sing: “A little more bite and a little less bark / A little less fight and a little more spark”
Answer: A Little Less Conversation
30. Candlelight and soul forever, A dream of you and me together, Say you believe it say you believe it”
Answer: ‘2 Become 1’ – Spice Girls
31. Out on the wiley, windy moors, We’d roll and fall in green.”
Answer: ‘Wuthering Heights’ – Kate Bush
32. Maybe I’m just too demanding, Maybe I’m just like my father, too bold”
Answer: ‘When Doves Cry’ – Prince
33. Lately, I’ve been, I’ve been losing sleep, Dreaming about the things that we could be”
Answer: ‘Counting Stars’ – OneRepublic
34. In what year did Michael Jackson release the Bad album?
35. Who duetted with Madonna on ‘Love Song’ on her ‘Like A Prayer’ album?
You might also like: Bar Trivia Questions
Good Music Quiz Questions
Here are some good music quiz questions for you. We’ve set up these music pub quiz questions so you can test your knowledge about all types of music including chart-toppers and indie hits.
1. What was Elvis Presley’s first hit in 1956?
Answer: “Heartbreak Hotel”
2. Which famous music group was formerly known as the New Yardbirds?
Answer: Led Zeppelin
3. Brothers Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb formed which pop group in the late 1950s?
Answer: The Bee Gees
4. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is situated in what US State?
5. Where is Kanye West from?
Answer: Chicago, IL
6. What decade is the hit single “Love Shack” by the B-52s from?
Answer: The Eighties
7. What band’s original name was Warsaw?
Answer: Joy Division
8. Who was the female lead singer for the band Berlin?
Answer: Terri Nunn
9. What was the title of the autobiography Diana Ross published in 1994?
Answer: Secrets Of A Sparrow
10. What movie did Duran Duran get their name from?
11. Ace Frehley is a member of which iconic rock band?
12. Which group recorded the hit single “Karma Chameleon” in 1984?
Answer: Culture Club
13. The sackbut was an early form of which musical instrument?
14. Which of these R&B artists did the title track for the movie “Ghostbusters”?
Answer: Ray Parker, Jr.
15. Which American rapper originally went by the name Lesane Parish Crooks?
16. Who won the top R&B Male Artist at the Billboard Music Awards 2018?
Answer: Bruno Mars
17. What pop artist recorded the hit “Tonight, Tonight”?
Answer: Hot Chelle Rae
18. What Smashing Pumpkins song was originally done by Fleetwood Mac?
19. Elton John’s 1976 hit “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” was a duet with which vocalist?
Answer: Kiki Dee
20. Taylor Swift was discovered in 2005 when she performed at what Nashville venue?
Answer: The Bluebird Cafe
21. Cardi B first rose to fame in 2015 when she appeared on what TV show?
Answer: Love & Hip Hop: New York
22. In 1985, Tina Turner won the Grammy for Record of the Year for what song?
Answer: “What’s Love Got To Do With It”
23. What does the Italian musical term adagio mean?
24. The B-52’s formed in which city?
Answer: Athens, GA
25. How many members are there in the band Rascal Flatts?
26. Who was the lead guitarist of Queen?
Answer: Brian Harold May
27. What was Kelly Clarkson’s debut song?
Answer: Miss Independent
28. Who sang “Express Yourself”?
29. What was Elvis Presley’s middle name?
30. What band is Pat Smear in?
Answer: Foo Fighters
31. Who released the country song “Most People Are Good”?
Answer: Luke Bryan
32. ABBA originated in which country?
33. What US festival hosted over 350,000 music fans in 1969?
34. Ozzy Osbourne was the lead vocalist of which classic heavy metal band?
Answer: Black Sabbath
35. Tamla Records is the former name of what current record label?
Answer: Motown Records
You might also like: Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Pop Music Quiz Questions
Pop music is one of the most popular types of modern music. Pop music, which is short for ‘popular music,’ is distinguished by melodies and lyrics that are easily understood by a wide spectrum of listeners. Pop music is now a multibillion-dollar industry, and many of the performers in this popular genre have become important parts of our lives as we’ve grown up. If you want to check your knowledge of pop music and require pop music quiz questions you are in luck. Here are some pop quiz questions and answers for you.
1. What year did Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge open at Disneyland Resort in California?
2. Which animated TV show created three special episodes that parodied the original Star Wars trilogy?
Answer: Family Guy
3. Who was Walt Disney’s favorite princess?
4. Who is the first (and, so far, only) Disney princess with a tattoo?
5. Which Disney princesses appear in the Shrek movies?
Answer: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White
6. Who is the first Disney princess to have a child?
7. Who was the first actor to portray James Bond on screen?
Answer: Barry Nelson
8. In what movie did Irving Berlin’s song “White Christmas” make its debut?
Answer: Holiday Inn, released in 1942
9. What is the highest-grossing romantic comedy?
Answer: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
10. What is the oldest surviving film in existence?
Answer: Roundhay Garden Scene (1888)
11. What is the longest-running animated television show in the United States?
Answer: The Simpsons
12. Which Friends character was Courteney Cox originally asked to play?
13. Which actor narrates How I Met Your Mother as an older version of Ted?
Answer: Bob Saget
14. In which state did the short-lived series Freaks and Geeks take place?
15. In which Grey’s Anatomy season did Dr. Derek Shepherd die?
Answer: Season 11
16. Which high school subject did Walter White teach in Breaking Bad?
17. What was the first cable television series to win an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series?
Answer: The Sopranos
18. What year did The Simple Life, starring Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, premiere?
19. Which reality show features the following people: Kris, Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, Kendall, and Kylie?
Answer: Keeping Up With the Kardashians
20. In which country did the first season of Survivor take place?
21. Which Netflix dating reality TV show features people falling in love without actually seeing one another at first?
Answer: Love Is Blind
22. Which rock icon had a reality TV show on MTV from 2002 to 2005?
Answer: Ozzy Osbourne—he and his family starred in The Osbournes
23. Who was the first ever bachelor on The Bachelor?
Answer: Alex Michel
24. Who would yell “Cabs are here!” when it was time for the group to go out on Jersey Shore?
Answer: Pauly D
25. What year did season one of RuPaul’s Drag Race premiere?
26. Who hosts “Hell’s Kitchen”?
Answer: Gordon Ramsay
27. Before he was the frontman for Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl was the dummer for which band?
28. The song “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts is a cover. Which band sang the original?
29. What is the #1 streamed song on Spotify?
Answer: “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran
30. What year was Britney Spears’ album Oops!… I Did It Again released?
31. Which duo won the first Grammy for Best Rap Performance?
Answer: DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
32. What do fans of Lady Gaga affectionately call themselves?
Answer: “Little Monsters”
33. Whitney Houston famously covered “I Will Always Love You”—who sang the original?
Answer: Dolly Parton
34. Who replaced David Lee Roth as the lead singer of Van Halen?
Answer: Sammy Hagar
35. Who is the main character in the Lord of the Rings books?
Answer: Frodo Baggins
In this section, we are going to share with you Beatles quiz questions. The Beatles were a 1960s English rock band from Liverpool, England. They are often recognized as the most influential band of all time. If you want to check your knowledge of Beatles’ music go through these Beatles trivia questions and answers.
1. What Beatles song was written for Mia Farrow’s sister?
Answer: Dear Prudence
2. What was the last song John Lennon played for a paying audience?
Answer: “I Saw Her Standing There.”
3. Which Beatle crossed Abbey Road in the famous album cover first?
4. Who was the first Beatle to get married?
Answer: John Lennon
5. Which of the Beatles did some fans believe had died and been replaced by a double?
6. What band did Ringo leave to join the Beatles?
Answer: Rory Storm and the Hurricanes
7. What was the working title of With a Little Help from my Friends?
Answer: Bad Finger Boogie
8. Where do The Beatles travel to to escape the cult in ‘Help!’?
Answer: The Alps
9. Which Beatle drags a relative along for the ride in ‘Magical Mystery Tour’?
Answer: Ringo Starr
10. Name the city of the birth of The Beatles in 1960?
11. Who gets shrunken down to size in ‘Help!’?
Answer: Paul Mccartney
12. In which movie was The Beatles‘ acting debut, released in 1964?
Answer: ‘A Hard Day’s Night’
13. Where did the first half of ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ take place?
Answer: Inside a train
14. Who met his future wife while shooting ‘A Hard Day’s Night’?
Answer: George Harrison
15. Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been here.”
Answer: ‘Here Comes The Sun’
16. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.”
17. Try to see it my way, do I have to keep on talking ’till I can’t go on.”
Answer: ‘We Can Work It Out’
18. Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you, tomorrow I’ll miss you.”
Answer: ‘All My Loving’
19. What was the last song the Beatles recorded together?
Answer: The End
20. Who takes the Yellow Submarine to Liverpool to find relief for the people?
21. What color represents the bad guys in ‘Yellow Submarine’?
22. Which famous singer sent a telegram congratulating The Beatles before a live performance?
Answer: Elvis Presley
23. Which song contributes to the conspiracy theory that McCartney has died?
Answer: ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’
24. Where did they perform in the movie ‘Let It Be’?
Answer: On a roof
25. What is the name of their last film?
Answer:‘Let It Be’
26. What do they sing at the end of ‘Yellow Submarine.’
Answer:‘All Together Now’
27. Which Beatles song did Frank Sinatra call the “greatest love song written”?
28. What is the first Beatles song where George Harrison plays the sitar?
Answer: ‘Norwegian Wood’
29. Who shot John Lennon on 8 December 1980?
Answer: Mark David Chapman
30. Which was the only song on ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ that wasn’t written by Lennon-McCartney?
Answer: ‘Within You Without You’
31. All the lonely people, where do they all belong?”
Answer: ‘Eleanor Rigby’
32. When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom.”
Answer: ‘Let It Be’
33. What was the name of the record label that was founded by The Beatles in 1968?
Answer: Apple Records
34. Which The Beatles song holds the record for the most versions covered by different artists?
35. Where did George Martin’s first recording session with the Beatles take place?
Answer: Abbey Road Studio in London.
Let us go through some really fascinating 2000s music trivia questions and answers. This quiz will cover every base, from Rihanna to Kings of Leon. Let us know how many of these questions you were able to answer in the comments section below.
1. What was the UK’s best-selling album of the 2000s?
Answer: ‘Back to Bedlam’ by James Blunt
2. Which Britain’s Got Talent star had the biggest selling album in the world in 2009?
Answer: Susan Boyle
3. Who had hits with ‘Burn’, ‘Yeah!’, and ‘U Remind Me’?
4. Parachutes’, ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’, and ‘X&Y’ are albums by which rock band?
5. Which 90s British boy band reunited 10 years after they split in 2006?
Answer: Take That
6. Which Australian singer ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’?
Answer: Kylie Minogue
7. Which jazz artist won 5 Grammy Awards in 2003 including Album of the year for ‘Come Away with Me’?
8. What was the name of the debut album released by Justin Timberlake in 2002?
9. Who performed at the 2001 VMAs with a python draped across her shoulders?
Answer: Britney Spears
10. ‘S#x on Fire’ and ‘Use Somebody’ were multi-platinum hits for which American band?
Answer: Kings of Leon
11. Billie Joe Armstrong is the frontman for which American rock band?
Answer: Green Day
12. Which spicy band had an album called ‘Stadium Arcadium’?
Answer: Red Hot Chilli Peppers
13. ‘Complicated’ was the hit debut single for which artist?
Answer: Avril Lavigne
14. Scottish band Franz Ferdinand had a global hit in 2004 with which song?
Answer: ‘Take Me Out’
15. Hybrid Theory’ was the hit debut album for which rock band?
Answer: Linkin Park
16. Actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass released the hit ‘Tribute’, but what was the name of their band?
Answer: Tenacious D
17. Which girl band originally started out as a burlesque group in LA?
Answer: The Pu##ycat Dolls
18. Which girl band originally started out as a burlesque group in LA?
Answer: The Pu##ycat Dolls
19. ‘Whenever, Wherever’ was a breakthrough hit in 2001 for which Colombian singer?
20. ’19’ was the debut album for which British singer?
21. Which Beyonce hit won the Video of the Year at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards?
Answer: ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)’
22. What was the hit debut single by Alicia Keys in 2001?
23. Name the 2005 fuel-based song by Daddy Yankee?
24. ‘Seven Nation Army’ was a hit song for which band?
Answer: The White Stripes
25. ‘Temperature’, ‘We Be Burnin’, and ‘Gimme the Light’ were hits for which Jamaican artist?
Answer: Sean Paul
26. Brandon Flowers is the frontman for which American rock band?
Answer: The Killers
27. What was the name of Katy Perry’s debut single in 2008?
Answer: ‘Kissed A Girl’
28. Julian Casablancas is the lead singer for which band?
Answer: The Strokes
29. Which band had a hit with ‘This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race’?
Answer: Fall Out Boy
30. Which Canadian indie rock band are known for the albums ‘Funeral’ and ‘Neon Bible’?
Answer: The Arcade Fire
31. Who was the first singer to win UK Pop Idol in 2002?
Answer: Will Young
32. Which rapper had hits with ‘Work It’ and ‘Gossip Folks’?
Answer: Missy Elliott
33. Which American producer due features Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo?
Answer: The Neptunes
34. Which French DJ and producer had hits with ‘When Love Takes Over’ and ‘Who’s That Chick?’?
Answer: David Guetta
35. Which Senagalese-American singer has been credited with over 300 appearances on songs?
90s Music Quiz Questions
It’s time for us to go through some 90s music trivia questions. The 1990s were a wonderful era of music, with many of the largest bands reaching new heights and solo artists creating music that has survived the test of time. Here are some 90s music quiz questions and answers to keep you entertained for a while.
1. What are the first names of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis?
Answer: Liam and Noel
2. Which TV series had the theme tune ‘I’ll Be There For You’ by The Rembrandts?
3. What is the name of the Spice Girls first number 1 hit?
4. Phil Daniels features on which Blur song?
5. Who had a hit with “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”?
6. Who held the number one spot in the UK charts for 16 weeks with (Everything I Do) I’d Do It For You?
Answer: Bryan Adams
7. Which Madonna song was the biggest selling single of 1990, selling over 6 million copies?
8. Who is known for the songs ‘Cornflake Girl’, ‘Professional Widow’ and ‘A Sorta Fairytale’?
Answer: Tori Amos
9. Which Irish band had hits with ‘Linger’, ‘Salvation’, and ‘Zombie’?
Answer: The Cranberries
10. Which famous Icelandic singer had hits with ‘Human Behaviour’, ‘Venus as a Boy’, and ‘It’s Oh So Quiet’?
11. Which rapper had a hit with Dr Dre on ‘California Love’?
Answer: 2Pac / Tupac Shakur
12. Marshall Bruce Mathers is better known by his stage name of what?
13. What was the name of the debut single from Britney Spears?
Answer: Baby One More Time
14. ‘Creep’, ‘Paranoid Android’, and ‘Fake Plastic Trees’ were hits for which band?
15. ‘Losing My Religion’ was a huge hit for which band?
16. Jarvis Cocker is the frontman and singer for which band?
17. What was the name of the Coolio hit from soundtrack to the film ‘Dangerous Minds’?
Answer: Gangsta’s Paradise
18. Norman Cook is better known by his DJ stage name of what?
Answer: Fatboy Slim
19. Who sang the movie title track to The Titanic?
Answer: Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On)
20. Which Dolly Parton song did Whitney Houston cover in 1992?
Answer: ‘I Will Always Love You’
21. What was the best selling single of the entire decade of the 1990s?
Answer: Elton John’s ‘Candle in the Wind 1997’
22. Which film ended with Underworld’s dance track ‘Born Slippy’?
23. Aqua had a best-selling song in 1997, what was it called?
Answer: Barbie Girl
24. ‘Love Is All Around’ topped the UK charts for 15 weeks for which band?
Answer: Wet Wet Wet
25. ‘Unfinished Sympathy’, ‘Teardrop’, and ‘Protection’ were hits for which band from Bristol?
Answer: Massive Attack
26. Jason, Howard, Mark, Gary, and Robbie were members of which band?
Answer: Take That
27. Who told us all to ‘wear sunscreen’?
Answer: Baz Luhrmann in ‘Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen’
28. ‘Jagged Little Pill’ was the name of the debut album for which Canadian singer?
Answer: Alanis Morrisette
29. ‘All That She Wants’ was a hit for which Swedish group?
Answer: Ace of Base
30. Which tool-themed MC won best rap video and best dance video at the 1990 MTV Awards?
Answer: MC Hammer
31. The only member of the Spice Girls with a name that was an actual spice?
Answer: Ginger Spice/Geri Halliwell
32. Who won a Grammy for best reggae album in 1995?
33. Which holiday hit in 1994 was written by Mariah Carey in 15 minutes?
Answer: ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’
34. Lauryn Hill’s 1998 hit ‘Doo-Wop’ was also known as?
Answer: ‘That Thing’
35. Michael Jackson’s performance of ‘Earth Song;’ at the 1996 Brit Awards was disrupted on stage by?
Answer: Jarvis Cocker
80s Music Quiz Questions
Everyone agrees that the 1980s were unquestionably one of the finest eras in music history. Here are some 80s music trivia questions for you to test your knowledge of the era. These 80s music quiz questions and answers are meant to keep everyone engaged.
1. Which British ska band sang about their ‘Baggy Trousers’?
2. Who sang the hits ‘Locomotion’, ‘I Should Be So Lucky’, and ‘Hand on Your Heart’?
3. Mick Jagger and David Bowie had a hit with which song?
Answer:Dancing in the Street
4. What was the theme song for the 1982 film, Rocky III?
Answer:Eye of the Tiger
5. What was the biggest selling single of the 80s in the UK?
Answer: Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
6. Which Journey song from the 80s saw a revival in popularity thanks to the tv show Glee?
Answer: Don’t Stop Believin’
7. Who sang ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun’?
Answer: Cyndi Lauper
8. What film was the Kenny Loggins song “Danger Zone’ the theme song for?
9. Who wrote and sang the hit ‘9 to 5’ as well as star in the film of the same name?
Answer: Dolly Parton
10. Who wanted to ‘fight for your right to party’?
Answer: Beastie Boys
11. The song ‘Aint’ Nobody’ was a hit for which funk band and singer?
Answer: Rufus and Chaka Khan
12. Which Rick Astley song became number one in 25 countries?
Answer: Never Gonna Give You Up
13. In what year did The Bangles release ‘Eternal Flame’?
14. Which band sang about ‘Money for Nothing’?
Answer: Dire Straits
15. Which hip hop group did a cover and collaboration on the Aerosmith song ‘Walk This Way’?
16. Which Irish woman gave us ‘Orinoco Flow’?
17. ‘Fast Car’ and ‘Baby Can I Hold You’ were hits for which singer-songwriter?
18. Which singer told us all in the 80s that it was a ‘nice day for a white wedding’?
Answer: Billy Idol
19. Which singer won the Eurovision Song Contest twice in the 80s – the only person ever to do so – and for which country?
Answer: Johnny Logan for Ireland
20. Which boy band featured twins Matt and Luke Goss?
21. Madness had 15 top ten hits in the 80s but only one of them reached number one – what was it called?
Answer: House Of Fun
22. Three members of Duran Duran all share the same surname – what is it?
23. How old was George Michael when he wrote the song “Careless Whisper”?
24. ZTT Records was one of the most prominent record companies in the 80s. Do you know what does ZTT stand for?
Answer: ZTT stands for Zang Tuum Tumb
25. What do the following artists have in common: Linda McCartney, David Sylvian, and Nick Rhodes?
Answer: They are all amateur photographers
26. Neil Arthur was the lead singer for which group?
Answer: B. Blancmange
27. Part II of the song “Another brick in the wall” Pink Floyd is about which subject?
Answer: B. School
29. What is the most successful album of INXS so far?
Answer: B. Kick
30. El Debarge, one of the members of the family group Debarge, has a big hit with which single in 1986?
Answer: C. Who’s Johnny
31. The 1985 big hit “The heat is on” by Glenn Frey appeared in which movie?
Answer: A. Beverly Hills Cop
32. “Three feet high and rising” was the debut album of which band?
Answer: A. De La Soul
33. Which former Metallica member formed his metal band? And what was the band’s name?
Answer: Dave Mustaine – Megadeth
34. Which of the following bands didn’t have a hit in the 80s?
Answer: B. Backstreet Boys
35. What was the only UK top 5 single by the Belle Stars?
Answer: C. Sign Of The Times
70s Music Quiz Questions
The music round is a typical pub quiz fixture, and there are few hotter eras than the rock and roll era of the 1970s. So, the next time you have a House Party, you should have some pretty interesting 70s music quiz with answers on hand. Here are some 70s music quiz questions and answers that we came up with.
1. What is the real name of KC from KC and the Sunshine Band?
Answer: Harry Wayne Casey
2. What was the best-selling film soundtrack of the 1970s in the UK?
Answer: Saturday Night Fever
3. What was the name of David Bowie’s flamboyant alter ego?
Answer: Ziggy Stardust
4. Which member of the Electric Light Orchestra left to form Wizzard in July 1972?
Answer: Roy Wood
5. The film Rocketman charts the rise of which 70s superstar?
Answer: Sir Elton John
6. What was the best-selling single of the 1970s in the UK?
Answer: Mull of Kintyre by Wings
7. Bridge Over Troubled Water was the final album of which folk-rock duo, released in 1970?
Answer: Simon and Garfunkel
8. In what year did Ronnie Wood join The Rolling Stones?
9. Sir Rod Stewart formed a band in 1970, releasing its debut album that same year – what was it called?
10. What was the name of The Police’s first single, released in 1977?
Answer: Fall Out
11. What is the name of the soul band of which Chaka Khan was the lead singer before she went solo in 1983?
12. Prince released his debut album For You in the 1970s – in which year?
13. What is the name of Bruce Springsteen’s debut album, released in 1973?
Answer: Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
12. Disco act ‘Boogie Oogie Oogie’ sang about a ‘Taste of’ what in their 1978 single?
13. Which member of the Electric Light Orchestra left to form Wizzard in July 1972?
Answer: Roy Wood
14. Which Led Zeppelin song famously references Norse mythology?
Answer: Immigrant Song
15. What is the real name of K.C. from K.C. and the Sunshine Band?
Answer: Harry Wayne Casey
16. What was the best selling film soundtrack of the 1970s in the UK?
Answer: Saturday Night Fever
17. Eurovision sensation ABBA came from which country?
Answer: Black Sabbath
18. What was the name of David Bowie’s flamboyant alter ego?
Answer: Mull of Kintyre by Wings
19. Silver Lady singer David Soul also starred in which iconic action TV series?
Answer: Starsky & Hutch
20. Which Irish rock band sang The Boys Are Back In Town?
Answer:Simon & Garfunkel
21. Who sang the title song of 70s Bond film The Man with the Golden Gun?
Answer: Thin Lizzy
22. Errol Brown was the lead singer of which band?
23. Which legendary British band released their final album in May 1970?
Answer: Hot Chocolate
60s Music Quiz Questions
We know that the 60s music era was way back in time and it isn’t easy to know about the famous trends of that time. This is why the 60s music quiz we are going to share with you might be too difficult for you. But if you are a true music fan you will do well in this music quiz with answers.
1 Which artist invented the music production technique called The Wall of Sound in the 1960s?
Answer: Phil Spector
2. What is the first song by Elvis Presley to become his first U.S. Number 1 in the 60s?
Answer: “Stuck on You”
3. What is the debut album of Dolly Parton in 1967?
Answer: “Hello, I’m Dolly”
4. Peter Noone was the lead singer of which band?
Answer: Herman’s Hermits
5. In the name of the American funk band Booker T.& the M.G.’s, what does M.G stand for?
Answer: Memphis Group
6. In 1961, which famous singer established Reprise Records?
Answer: Frank Sinatra
7. What is the name of the lead singer of the English rock band The Who?
Answer: Roger Daltrey
8. In which city was the rock band the Animals formed?
9. Which famous music show was first launched on the BBC on 1st January 1964?
Answer: “Top of the Pops”
10. How many albums by Cilla Black made it into number one in the 1960s?
11. Which U.S rock singer had the final performance at the 1969 Woodstock festival?
Answer: Jimi Hendrix
12. Which band started their career as a fictional group on a sitcom?
Answer: The Monkees
13. It’s Now or Never” was the first number one of which singer in the 1960s?
Answer: Elvis Presley
14. During the 60s, how many number one hits did the Beatles have in the United Kingdom?
Final Thoughts on Music Quiz Questions
We may all become bored during lockdown, so if you’re seeking for music trivia questions, go no further. You, like most others, certainly have a favorite song and an artist or band. But how much do you truly understand about the music you enjoy? The music quiz questions we provided will put your knowledge to the test.
Culture is defined through music. Many artists and songs have come and gone throughout the years, helping to define our culture and give character to the many decades that we’ve lived through. Today, music is one of the most powerful forces in modern culture, with resources providing us with first-hand access to new song releases and albums that previous generations could only dream of. So keeping track of everything music-related is a smart idea.
So, how many music quiz questions did you get right? What is the level of difficulty of these music quiz questions and answers? Your input is valuable to us, so please share your thoughts in the comment section below.